Prometheus - the reviews are as split as John Hurt's chest

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  06 June 2012
Originally Posted by DSW: Most of them he presented as questions. COULD they be? I don't ever recall in reading his books where he said this is FACT. And I find it amazing that so many people such as yourself get on your high horse and think you are so much brighter than ANYONE who considers such theories. It boggles my mind that there are so many closed minds. To think that you KNOW the truth is absolutely the height of arrogance. I certainly don't know, but I love hearing the QUESTIONS of "what if?"

Presenting an idea as a question doesn't make that idea any more valid. I wonder if you're familiar with the idea of loaded questions? The classic example is the question "when did you stop beating your wife?"
Chariots of the gods is not based on facts or sound arguments. Arguments like "this cave painting has a circular head, space helmets are circular, therefore aliens" are just embarrassing; acknowledging that isn't being "closed minded", it's being rational. There's sooo much that's now known about the evolution of our species, I just find it tragic that so many people reject the science, or aren't aware of it, particularly since the science is so awe inspiring, to me it's much more awe inspiring than "aliensdidit", or "godidit".

share thread