DMP Self-Challenge - first proposal.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

06 June 2016
Hi guys,

I vote for the theme number 5 :

"Translation of screenshot/area from a game into a photo-realistic environment"

I know, I had proposed a theme from avatar, but the number 5 looks more attractive for me.

Even if I am not very good for photo realistic, that's the opportunity to learn more and improve my work in this field.

Cheers

07 July 2016
Are you still there?

Well... looks like it's July already and there are only two votes (not to mention - two different votes ). In that case I think it will be better to wait till end of just-starting-weekend and then we will see...

Regards
Jonatan

07 July 2016
Or, we could start this self challenge by 2 DMP

07 July 2016
Hi Michael. If during this weekend won't be other votes, then sure - let's do it that way! What I wrote about starting this with only two or three participants involved is still valid, so I'm glad that you're still interested . On Monday I will create master thread with two themes (unless other people show up). By the way - did you have already chosen a game for startpoint?

Regards
Jonatan

07 July 2016
I interesting in jungle them, but many game has jungle them, so I vote for them number 5.

Thanks,

07 July 2016
Originally Posted by Jonatan-Moonchild: Hi Michael. If during this weekend won't be other votes, then sure - let's do it that way! What I wrote about starting this with only two or three participants involved is still valid, so I'm glad that you're still interested . On Monday I will create master thread with two themes (unless other people show up). By the way - did you have already chosen a game for startpoint?

Regards
Jonatan

Hi,

I think of the last of us, or uncharted

07 July 2016
Last of us/uncharted sounds good to me. Or what could be more challenging is original Tomb Raider 1,2,3 environments, e.g:- imagine that as a DMP I don't know about you guys, but I spent a lot of time when I was younger playing Tomb Raider. Translating those low poly environments would be one challenge indeed lol.

Aside all that guys, we could always just pick our own game from action/adventure genre and post our references?

07 July 2016
So.... I assume that you are also after theme No. 5 Aaron. I've updated votes with that assumption so correct me if I'm wrong.

And it Looks like we have winner theme for July . The only concerns I have here is copyrights... We have to find some way to deal with that. Maybe it would be better to redefine this theme from "translation" to "inspiration" to avoid potential problems... Something like: "Prepare photo-realistic matte painting inspired by screenshot/area from a game of your choice". Let me know what you think because tomorrow I would like to prepare master thread for July's Self-Challenge.

Anyway - I'm glad that you guys are still here and the spirit of these DMP Challenges is still alive .

Regards
Jonatan

Last edited by Jonatan-Moonchild : 07 July 2016 at 10:14 PM.

07 July 2016
Hi Jonatan,

Oh, we don't have to worry about copyright issues, as its technically just "fan art". I'm going to get started on this tomorrow with reference gathering, are we going to pick our own games? I think that's probably best And we can all show our reference sheets as soon as we are getting started.

So there's Uncharted, Tomb Raider and Last of Us so far for games with beautiful awe-inspiring in-game environments. I'm going the classical Tomb Raider, although they are low-poly, the whole mood/theme of those games is inspiring to me. I think its important we choose something that inspires us, that will really bring out the best in our work.

07 July 2016
Tomb raider, great idea Aaron. I have two things in my mind, tomb raider or dino crisis, I wanna draw some jungle stuff.

Jonatan should we post our job in new treat like the old one or we post it here?

I wanna speak much more, but soory for my English.

07 July 2016
Hi Ferly! Here is master thread for July:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...f=370&t=1381191
with quite detailed description of our basic rules (in general based on original Challenges provided by David and Milan). If you have any additional questions - don't hesitate to ask. As for English - Google translator really helps people for which English is not a native language (like me for example). And besides... you can always speak through your art - it is a language understood and more than welcome here on CGSociety .

Regards
Jonatan

07 July 2016
Jonatan good initiative
If I can I will join the challenge

07 July 2016
I'm glad that you like this initiative because that means one more potential participant . You are definitely welcome here!

Regards
Jonatan

reply share thread