DBR - distributed maps pathing?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2013   #1
DBR - distributed maps pathing?

I'm trying to set up distributed maps. The Max help file says that the local maps on each node need to have the exact same path.

I'm not sure how I'd set that up. On my workstation I have a separate hard disk for my working files and on my nodes I have one hard disk in each for OS and working files. i.e C drive isn't going to work.

Currently I have distributed rendering working apart from distributed maps but this is starting to chug a bit.

I would have expected it to work anyway with distributed maps because I'm using UNC pathing and nodes are looking in the same place but I end up getting error messages and red or black buckets.

Same problem as this thread: http://area.autodesk.com/forum/auto...stributed-maps/

How do I fix this?

I tried copying the 'scene assets' and 'proxy' folders from my 'CAT' project folder to the default 3DSMaxDesign project folders on my nodes but that didn't work...

I'm happy to set up a duplication script across my nodes for the scene assets if that method will give a good performance increase over having all nodes sourcing assets from the same network drive i.e. how DBR and backburner is currently configured (I think so anyway as it's working!)

Last edited by MisterS : 05 May 2013 at 04:58 AM.

Old 05 May 2013   #2
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread