Weld edge border issue

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2013   #1
Weld edge border issue

Hello Maya people!

I have a little problem which is killing me. I have model which has gap, I need to weld vertices so the gap will be eliminated. I am selecting one border edge and another, converted selection to verticies and tried to weld them, but it does not work, welding vertices one by one will take ages, could you please give me piece of advice. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg test.jpg (77.6 KB, 21 views)

Old 02 February 2013   #2
Try the Bridge tool

Old 02 February 2013   #3
check normals to see what is goin on

Old 02 February 2013   #4
I have checked normals, seems everything is correct. I cannot use bridge tool, it will create another polygon, but I need to remove hole by stitching both borders together without creating new faces.

Old 03 March 2013   #5
I would turn on Border Edges to highlight all the offending edges that need merging.
Then select the verts and merge them not the edges. Go around the border edge that needs closing and mege all the verts. Merging the verts will close the gap and seal the edge closed.

Edit Mesh > Merge (Options Box)

or type

PolyMergeOptions;

If they wont merge its because the threshold is too low or the verts are too far apart. You can either snap them together with the move tool or increase the threshold value to merge verts further apart. Be careful as you don't want to merge verts that are really far apart, so increase the threshold value carefully.

If you arent bothered by the distance, then just select the two verts and hit merge without the option box.

Old 03 March 2013   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread