Howler 8 Demo

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2012   #1
Howler 8 Demo

Hello all. We have released a demo version of our digital paint and animation software Howler 8. The demo is able to save 15 images before going into full demo mode.

Howler 8 is a natural media painter and animator with a focus on the special effects industry. We've recently added rotoscoping, image stabilization, motion prediction to create slow motion from regular video, and multi-monitor support.

Version 8, in brief, adds improved performance and stability, extended tablet support, improved painting, and a new procedural foliage drawing tool based on a library of rules.

The demo can be found here: http://dan-ritchie.wix.com/howler8download

Last edited by doghat : 07 July 2012 at 05:14 PM.

Old 07 July 2012   #2
I wish you'd quit spamming. Did I post this? Sorry, must have missed-clicked.

Old 07 July 2012   #3
No he didn't.

Old 07 July 2012   #4
Originally Posted by marcuso: I wish you'd quit spamming. Did I post this? Sorry, must have missed-clicked.

Was this entirely necessary? :/

Old 07 July 2012   #5
OK, it does seem like there's some PD special, or new release every week or so. But where should this info be posted? I come here for two things, discussion and software release news. I actually bought PD after reading about the motion estimation features of the last version here. Too bad I've only had time to use the program once before there was already a new version out...

Still, this seems like relevant info. Is it the content or frequency of their posts that is improper? Should a developer/company only post in "Press Releases"?

Old 07 July 2012   #6
There's not a lot of love for us software guys. We're CG guys too. We just want to make tools so we can do a better job and have a better experience. We're not the villains.

Old 07 July 2012   #7
No worries.
I am glad you post here the news of an application.
That is not spamming, despite what strange post above by marcuso says.

Old 07 July 2012   #8
PSD import/export in this one ? If not, the no thanks, already regret that I bought PD back then, gathering "dust" here...

Old 07 July 2012   #9
Originally Posted by leigh: Was this entirely necessary? :/

That last bit was based on something the op removed from his post after I posted. I do find it to be spam, if I am alone in this then I apologize.

Old 07 July 2012   #10
Ok. I didn't see it.

Old 07 July 2012   #11
It read "Sorry for the cross post" because I accidentally put the message in the press release area. I can't delete messages, but I moved the "Sorry" into the other message.

Old 07 July 2012   #12
It read "Did I post this? Sorry, must have missed-clicked." same as mine.

We both know you posted on both spots to get more views, why try and make me look more bad? I already apologized. Send some more pm's if you want to continue this debate please.

Old 07 July 2012   #13
Actually it was because the link to the press release area is in roughly the same spot as the button to create a new message and I pressed it and didn't realize. Let's just agree to disagree if we have to. I'm not trying to attack anyone, and these accusations are just false.

Last edited by doghat : 07 July 2012 at 10:52 PM.

Old 07 July 2012   #14
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread