The Pin Cushion Queen, Tessa Cam (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2004   #1
The Pin Cushion Queen, Tessa Cam (3D)

Title: The Pin Cushion Queen
Name: Tessa Cam
Software:

"Life isn't easy,
For the Pin Cushion Queen,
When she sits on her throne,
Pins push through her spleen."
This is my 3D visualization of Tim Burton's Pin Cushion Queen, a character from his book The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy. This was a piece I did in XSI while taking a break from school work, fairly low res and nothing fancy. I hope you Tim Burton fans out there enjoy this piece.
>> Hi resolution image <<

Old 08 August 2004   #2
i thank you capture his style just perfectly
great job

Old 08 August 2004   #3
hehe hey tessa,
i like this , i am a burton fan , my work usually isnt like this but i apreciate his twisted style, i think i saw all these freaky toys on someones comp in term 6...haha now i know it was yours...hhee no? well keepp it coming ...i want to see that demo too , take it easy

Old 08 August 2004   #4
Looks good.
If I was sewing, I would have wanted one of those.

Old 08 August 2004   #5
Talking

Hey guys..
Thanks for the feedback.. I'm glad you liked her. I was afraid nobody was going to comment on the model, it being simple and all. *hehehe*

Old 08 August 2004   #6
Talking

looks like someone was spending more time modeling than animating...

bwwuahhh! ha ha! jk looks great... really captured the style... blah blah blah really good job considering you only spent like 3 hours on the entire thing... (and then went home for the night) LOL luvya!

Old 08 August 2004   #7
looks awesome Tess, you know I love you're little guys around your computer......

Old 08 August 2004   #8
Thumbs up

dude, that is sweet, awesome work.

Old 08 August 2004   #9
good to see something different...like the character...because its got loads of character.
also simple materials and model...lean n mean is to cool...less is more...very nice.

(crit: don't like floorboard material/colour..can't "pin" point why though..and yes pun intended)
cheers

Henry Moore

Old 09 September 2004   #10
Wink

rayfusion. yes, those were mine. they keep me sane. they tell me stories when no one's around, and do little dances for me. *lol*

bash. i bet you would. hahaha.

S-1W. guilty as charged! but mind you, i was animating BEFORE that. school's not the same without you. :( hey, post your reel up here. hehe. luvya!

Milou. thanks milou. you know i love them too. *wink*

Cromo. god bless yoo.

flingster. thank you so much for the constructive criticism. highly appreciated. i agree with you on the floorboard, i think it needs a bit more texture. i'm thinking of maybe remodeling her when i have the time, then i can work more on the details. again, thank you. cheers.

Old 01 January 2006   #11
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread