import alembic sequence from Realflow

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2013   #1
import alembic sequence from Realflow

I'm trying to import an alembic sequence from realflow into maya but it ain't working. I'm guessing since alembic doesn't normally handle sequences this is the issue. Any solutions?

Old 01 January 2014   #2
I am also wondering about this. How can I import a realflow mesh sequence in alembic format? I tried maya-> file -> import, and also had a look at the realflow plugins...

thx

Old 01 January 2014   #3
You don't need the files like Particles? In RFRK the abc format work well for me.

Old 01 January 2014   #4
I want to import the realflow _mesh_ in Maya, for rendering. I actually haven't tried to import the particles yet. I will need to do that soon...

Old 01 January 2014   #5
I'm able to import the abc mesh and the gpu cache inside maya 2014 without problems.
Do you have another maya version?

I have realflow 2013.

Old 01 January 2014   #6
I have the same - maya 2014, and realflow 2013. You are able to import an alembic mesh sequence into Maya? How do you do it? I was wondering if I need to have a "." before the frame number in the .abc file name.

thanks

Old 01 January 2014   #7
Download it. Is the file i've import successfully.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t6w33rqnc...esh01.00020.rar

Ops. I'm totally misunderstanding. You need to load a sequence.

Last edited by ytsejam1976 : 01 January 2014 at 06:21 PM.

Old 01 January 2014   #8
Ok i run into a solution for all the sequence.
I was create an animation and export the alembic files. After that on realflow i run the tool Stitch alembic files, but was not good. So i selected all the alembic files except for the first frame like 00000 becuase it is without mesh, click on stitch button and it generate 1 file with all animation mesh sequence, and now it work fine. All sequence work inside maya.

Old 01 January 2014   #9
Cool. I read up on the stitch tool before, and it seemed like it was for combining particles, mesh, displacement maps, etc. or something, for each frame. I will have a go, although I'm afraid I will end up with a 1 terabyte file. Haha!

Old 01 January 2014   #10
Originally Posted by JohnLIC: Cool. I read up on the stitch tool before, and it seemed like it was for combining particles, mesh, displacement maps, etc. or something, for each frame. I will have a go, although I'm afraid I will end up with a 1 terabyte file. Haha!

Ah ah . I'm curious on how bigger the file after the Stitch!
Best

Dario

Old 01 January 2014   #11
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread