This is depressing..Please respond fellow competitors

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2003
Quote: Originally posted by Pufferfish
On the other hand I did not have time to finish my entry either.. so does not really matter.

I did all just to train my modelling skills with 3D Max.. and it was great fun.

09 September 2003
Quote: Originally posted by JamesMK
So, is the deadline extended to september 28 now, or is that just some weirdness in the cgchallenge.com server?

No. that's the day it's extended to the voting, I have to make some changes today. All this confusion will soon end.

-lild

09 September 2003
>>>Btw, where can I get one of those hats you're wearing, gmask? Is that a little stylized iconic alien printed on it?

Actually it's Nike Bucket hat with a gasmask patch stitched over it.

10 October 2003
As far as the cgchallenge site goes - it would be nice if it went something like this.

Join the challenge, create your entry and upload a picture. Then a thread is created for you in the Challenge forum with Challenge - Character/Vehicle/Etc - Name like usual. Would force everyone to have a website entry. Not sure if that's possible with these forums though.

10 October 2003
Crap man! I just found this thread today! (maybe it’s because I am stuck wondering around the game challenge and don’t look around in other challenges enough) This thread really filled me in on what I have been so confused about on what is going on with all of this prize, no prize, revamp thing and the reasons for it.

I do have a few little points to add though

I am still not 100% sure on how the moderators go about their final judging. Do they just use the challenge site or do the go into the threads. From the sounds of it they do go through the threads.

As of now the challenge site just seems like check in site, just to make sure if you finished on time.

From what I understand, the moderators what everyone to post their work up on the challenge site, and not have to wade through everyone’s threads…right?

Maybe the challenge site needs to be revamped a bit. Here are 2 things that could be done:
1. A delete button
Quote: Originally posted by Hultqvist
Perhaps people don't like to post anything on the cgchallenge site because they are not sure if they will finish their entries. Since they know that there is no delete button, they could have a permanent blank or unfinished piece of work tarnishing their galleries . . . forever.

2. If the Challenge site allowed for multiple images post somehow, perhaps just 2 - 3, then the moderators wouldn’t have to look through everyone’s threads to see the appropriate images needed for final voting, thus making less work for the moderators, and any work not on the challenge site will not even be considered or even seen since the moderator should have no reason to be in the threads unless they want to be.

I think it will cut down on the trouble the moderators have to go through if all the quality information they need is in one place.

Here is why I think there needs to be multiple Images: I do my best to post all of the info they ask for in the 1 picture up on the challenge site while keeping it under 150k, (or is it 120k?) including: multiple views shaded, multiple views of wires, some drawings, texture sheets, poly count and any other pertinent info(Game Design), what I am left with a somewhat poor view of my final model, all of those elements crammed into a relatively small file cause many of the small details of the model and textures to be lost.
This may not be as much of a problem for the other challenges as it is for the game design challenge.

Just some belated suggestions.

I do look forward to the next challenge.

Slog: DOOM 3 Mod
Cable: DOOM 3 Mod

I am looking for work.

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

share thread