|04 April 2013||#1|
Los Angeles, USA
Join Date: May 2007
Making external composite solid same size as surface
I tag a flat plane with an external compositing tag. I turn on the "solid" option for After Effects. How can I make the size of the solid match the size of the object? Is there any automatic way to do this? It would save me a step in making an object buffer.
----end of line
|04 April 2013||#2|
Keeper of the Cheeseportfolio
Here's how I might handle that...
• Create your plane primitive.
• Make an External Compositing Tag and check 'Solid" to get size parameters.
• Make the solid size the same as the plane size in the 'Size X' and 'Size Y' parameters for the tag.
• Next, right click on the x size parameter of your plane, and choose XPressions-> Set Driver (on R14, this is found under animation in the right click menu for R13 and below).
• Go next to the Size X value of your tag, right click and choose Xpressions-> Set Driven (absolute).
• Do the same for Height and Size Y.
Now, when you adjust the size of your plane, the size of the solid will automatically change. You could then save this set up as an object in your content browser for easy recall later.
Mac Pro 12 x 2.6 GHz 64GB Quadro K5000
MacBook Pro 4 x 2.3GHz 16GB GeForce GT 750M
C4D R18 Studio/CC/VizRT
|Thread Closed share thread|