What Windows version do you use?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

View Poll Results: What Windows version do you use?
XP 4 3.42%
Vista 9 7.69%
7 94 80.34%
8 10 8.55%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2013   #16
win7 64 in the office and at home.

Old 03 March 2013   #17
I'm sticking with Windows 7. I did some maintenance on my daughter's new Laptop with Windows 8. I had to Google how to shut it down. What a convoluted and clunky method to shut a computer down. No thanks.

Old 03 March 2013   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DKiwi
I had to Google how to shut it down. What a convoluted and clunky method to shut a computer down. No thanks.

They've made it so you actually just need to press the power button on the device, or close the lid so no need to go into the stupid charms menu at all.

cheers
brasc

Old 03 March 2013   #19
Windows 7 at home and office here. Probably skip 8 as well, I was debating updating my tablet pc to windows 8 but couldn't find any actual incentive. lol. You guys made me think of this "windows 8 animated evaluation " video I watched. Guy has some decent points in terms of fundamental GUI principals... ( turn this thread into a windows 8 rant! )
http://www.firstpost.com/windows-8/...Q-TEytwP11.html

Oh yea still have an XP box I'll probably never upgrade, works fine for it's role these days.

All my favorites ~ Cinema 4D R13, After Effects, Photoshop CS5, Lightroom, Photomatic

Old 03 March 2013   #20
I'm weird.
I actually still prefer Vista64 to Win7 most of the time.

I prefer the old fashioned file explorer and the old fashioned task bar in Vista64.
Most people prefer the way Win7 handles those things. But not me.

Windows 8?......No. Not even if you paid me to use it.

-ScottA

Old 03 March 2013   #21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Ayers
I prefer the old fashioned file explorer and the old fashioned task bar in Vista64.
Most people prefer the way Win7 handles those things. But not me.

It's actually one of the things I miss about Vista.
Really ticked me off when they removed the sorting 'column headers' from the explorer window on every view besides Detailed. And they said it's 'bad interface design' because the other views (medium, thumbnail, list, etc.) aren't in tabular form, so they removed them.
Also missed the collapsible Favorites panel in explorer. In Win7/Win8 You'll have to scroll to the top of the folder tree panel to get to them.

I'm actually using Cubic Explorer as my alternate file explorer program. Feels the most Vista-like to me, plus it's got a proper 'advanced search' window (similar to XP/Win8), not like the crappy keyword thing in Vista/Win7. It's also got built-in symbolic link creation, so it helps with C4D's funky file pathing issues.

Old 03 March 2013   #22
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread