The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Patrick K.H. Lee

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2006   #196
Thank You & Good-Bye

That's it guys....I have just uploaded the final .tif, so I guess my journey ends here. But my new journey begins shortly as I have a plane to catch. I will be away for more than a month, and in that time, I wish you all the best of luck in the contest and the final results. Also, thank you all very much for being here, it was a real blast!

As for the story of the final image, I think the pictures speaks for itself and we already know it. (Adaptation of Lord of the Rings) However, I would be real happy if anyone can come up with japanese names for these characters. I may continue to work on it when I come back too, adding the final embellishents that time didnt allow me.

Good luck and adios!!

Old 05 May 2006   #197
Final Image: pat-piper

haahaa....corrected her feet....dammit! I promise this will be the last. I'm really cutting it too close. :)

Old 05 May 2006   #198
Nice work dude! Good luck buddy!

Old 05 May 2006   #199
Congratulations on finishing and good luck with the judging! You've produced a very cool image...wish I'd hung around here more!

Old 05 May 2006   #200
Congrats Pat-Piper, you realised a great picture, I really like your 'simple' painting touch ( by saying 'simple' I use it to describe the simplicity of pure color areas you paint, but I know that to find the right color at the right place with a simple aspect as you did ask a best knowledge than to paint all smooth with gradient everywhere ). Your painting is a great one, and I hope you will have a price for this good job.
-David

Old 05 May 2006   #201
Congrats, Pat, and have a great vacation! Maybe there will even be a prize waiting for you when you get home. Have a great time!

-mike

Old 05 May 2006   #202
Thumbs up good luck

have a nice vacation and good luck for the challenge

Old 05 May 2006   #203
stunning stuff man!

you make we want to start another painting right now. i think i found my next dual screen desktop for work.

good luck,
~B

Old 05 May 2006   #204
Thank you

Ah, finally I´m able to find internet access and some free time!

Beelow, paperclip, Deevad, walrus, iamawizard, anzibon, anarki3000, thank you all very much. I wish I have the time to visit your threads individually and see the latest updates and finished pieces, but I promise to do so once I get home. So best of luck to all of you in the final judging!! See u all later!

Old 05 May 2006   #205
The Story

FInal Image!

Story: This image is adapted from J.R.R.Tolkien´s ''Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship''. The little green goblins which are replacements for the hobbits are known as kappa, and taken from Japanese mythology and folktales. Although the depiction does not exist in the story, I thought it suits the mood of a journey with focus on the characters, rather than rendering them against an epic background which would mean drawing them really small. With this, I also wanted to create a sense of suspense and introduce the personality of each character by their reactions when faced with a possible encounter with an unknown enemy.

close-ups are on this page: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...229#post3517229

Last edited by Pat-Piper : 05 May 2006 at 09:22 AM.

Old 05 May 2006   #206
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread