Shoes

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2013
I found a bit of time this weekend to polish up the background and render the whole thing out. I'm still not sure on the lighting setup I was going for a kind of empty stadium look but the balancing act between background and foreground has led to a slightly muddled setup I think. I've got a free few days this week though so I may have a play around. . .

Paddy

05 May 2013
Hey man,

Is that an arena for ants? Lol, sorry for the smart ass comment. Your seats do look a little small.

Basketball arenas are kept dark, with only the court illuminated. The wood is usually a nice warm gold color. Most of the picture you see are overexposed, but if you've ever been to an NBA game, its pretty dark.

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg734/sc...e=640&ysize=640

Your shoe model could also use some refining. The toe looks flat, and the sole doesn't look round enough on the edges.

-AJ

05 May 2013
Ha ha I do have an ant model. . . I might throw it in

I know what you mean though. I had a stronger depth of field on it and I don't think lowering it has helped. I'll scale the background up a bit and maybe lift the camera a bit.

Yeah I've never been to an NBA game, or even an indoor court so it's a bit of a trip into the unknown. You reckon it's best to just throw one big area or IES light above the court then? Or maybe bring the lights to in front of the chairs but a little higher?

For the toe you mean on the front or the top? I'll drag the edges out a bit too.

As always thanks for the feedback

Paddy

06 June 2013
AJ thanks for the feedback, there was a scaling issue between the background and the foreground. I rendered them separately and it just slipped by! I sorted that and changed the camera a little. I rounded off the front and the edges of the show too.

I think I'm going to have to call this finished because I start another long contract on Monday and it's going to eat all of my time up. Ideally I'd like to spend a bit more time on the background but hey ho.

Thanks for all the feedback it's been really helpful. Hopefully you like the final image.

Paddy

06 June 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread