Box2 Max2010 64Bit + Vista 64bit useless?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2009
^^ Even with Full Admin, Vista has this thing called UAC -- the thing that asks you for your password any time you try to make a change -- if that's enabled it can (possibly) interfere with box2. At least that's the story.

Physx64bit - I read that Nvidia finally released a 64bit sdk (2.8.3) available to "licensed developers" (whatever that means) but it's not fully public right now, so we'll likely have to wait until it's public before it's officially supported anyway. At least it's out there though.. which means all the other fun stuff isn't far behind.

10 October 2009
The current commercial users of Box#2 can grab v.1.05 update (with the true 64-bit PhysX drivers) from the Support/Download area at the Orbaz forum.

Thanks,
Oleg B.

10 October 2009
Yahoo! Thanks Oleg!

10 October 2009
I just set up my toolboxes on 64 bit windows 7 after hassling with the UAC bull****...the solution to make max workable at all is to right click on your 3dsmax.EXE and under properties > Compatibility you can set it to "Run Program as Administrator" and you can make that sticky in the "Change Settings for all User Tab". So took me 2 days and some help to figure that out. Before you run max or any program as Administrator windows7 doesnt even let you save a custom UI...Max is literally unusable, not only box2 The regular user in windows7 has ZERO rights. it was designed for people like my parents who have no idea about computers and barely check emails once a week...gotta be open to the masses i guess......

So now that this is fixed and Oleg passed along the new true 64bit drivers for physx it works just fine on my 64bit OS

kind regards,
Anselm

Last edited by PsychoSilence : 10 October 2009 at 06:16 PM.

10 October 2009
Stupid UAC! I love how they are restricting access all over the place :(

Good news though still waiting for my win7 install disc to show up.

11 November 2009
I'm pleased to report that Box#2 V1.05 is working perfectly for me on vista64 with max64.
I installed the latest PhysX drivers if that has anything to do with it.

11 November 2009
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread