Wip: strange reside

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2004
Wip: strange reside

Hello all..I'm working at this pic, I've tried different grounds but no one will fit the overall buildings, any idea for a cool environment to put this?

03 March 2004
looks good for swamp grounds.

03 March 2004
thanks delta, I was already thinking something like that, I havent tried yet, I'll post some upgrade soon if I like the results..

p.s. feel free to comment the buildings/textures too

03 March 2004
Love the texture the most
CGUnderground

Eeye
Recent Works
Animals
Brian, Edge *NEW*

03 March 2004
Yeah, any kind of water, maybe with some ground fog. And the back of a big swimming lizzard thing...

TW

Last edited by Tom Wood : 03 March 2004 at 01:43 AM.

03 March 2004
definitely murky water under fog.

every played myst? they look like they belong in the tree age (whatever it was called)

03 March 2004
Quote: every played myst?

no never played myst..but I've played riven ages ago..now I can remember only a few places from that game, but the most is gone..I'd like to see that age you're talking abou..t I've searched the net for a screen shot but I've found nothing..
thanks for the suggestions I'm going with the murky water, cool idea the back of the lizzard!!

03 March 2004
this is all i could find. great game back in the day though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg myst.jpg (19.0 KB, 41 views)

03 March 2004
Put it a zen garden with a dojo in the background

Then maybe you could model some fighters to stand on the tops of them in battle.

Here is just one picture of some zen sand I found but there are lots more for reference on the net,

Sand

03 March 2004
here is a test for the water and a first environment..I also want to give the idea of a swamp by putting some earth around the place, otherwise it looks like if those things are in a sea..but I dont like how is it now..

03 March 2004
It looks very nice, it reminds me of mangroves. Have you considered a more tropical enviroment? I get a mental image of them were the swamp meets the ocean, in light blue/clear water with sand underneath. I think they'll also look good in a swamp though. I think for the swamp your water needs to be murky, it looks a little to clean.

03 March 2004
another shot..I'm going for a gloomy greenish fog, the green glow in the entrance is just a test to see how it looks..what do you think? suggestions?

03 March 2004
Those damned ewoks smokin' the ganj again....will they ever learn!

I like the green glow, looking good!

03 March 2004
Thesecondary focus of most people will be the water the more work and realism in your water and it s underneath +sourround environment the more unbelievablely brilliant your pictur will become

03 March 2004
Cool

Man that is cool it could be the ewoks town in the trees keep up the good work.

Thread Closed share thread