ALIENWARE Challenge Entry: Mark O'Shea

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2003
ALIENWARE Challenge Entry: Mark O'Shea

Mark O'Shea has entered the ALIENWARE Challenge.

10 October 2003
Concept Sketch: Awakening

Playing with the idea of light making the environment react, or awake.

Maybe a bit too Easter Island like, but I like the viewing angle. Going to do some more concept sketches, its been awhile. Good luck to everyone:thumbsup: Especially me of course:p

Btw, my first challenge. 3 months and this poor sap might actually finish something.

Last edited by TVeyes : 10 October 2003 at 11:36 PM.

10 October 2003
I like the purple forms juttin out of the ground, particularly with the composition you've set up; I like the offset.

One thing, its hard to tell because the image is so small, but the foliage seems to be " of this world" You may want to alien-them up a bit.

Good start man.

10 October 2003
I like it too.

Although I'd liek to see how you do the background. You could maker the purple darker and bring out the contrast and expldoe the image or you could have it fade into the grass and make it almost one piece. Both have different effects and it'd just be itneresting to see what you do.

Just brinign this up because if you make it a regular sky it would seem kind of non alienish. It depends if your aiming for effect and movment or not. Speaking of that you made it a bit blurry which is actually interesitng, its like you moving drukenly and gives a blair witch project effect

cool beans

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

share thread