Spectacular 2D Entry: Ferdinand D. Ladera

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2005
thanks again guys for all the comments...

here's a little info about KKK(Katipunan).

The Katipunan was a secret society founded in the Philippines by Andrés Bonifacio aimed towards liberating the country from the Spanish colonizers. The name Katipunan is actually a shorter version of the official name, which is in Tagalog: Kataastaasang, Kagalanggalangang Katipunan ng mga Anak ng Bayan (roughly translated as The Most High and Most Noble Society of the Children of the Nation). The Katipunan is also known by its acronym, KKK. The word katipunan is a Tagalog term for society, the root word being the verb tipon, which means to gather.

SPECTACULAR 2D

11 November 2005
Final Coloring: TBSD

update

SPECTACULAR 2D

12 December 2005
Final Image: The Battle of San Juan

After the Spanish arrested Rizal in July 1892, Bonifacio decided that the Philippines would only achieve independence through revolution. On July 7, 1896 he founded the Katipunan a secret society open to both peasants and the middle class that employed Masonic rituals to impart an air of sacred mystery. It insinuated itself into the community by setting up mutual aid societies and education for the poor. By 1896, the Katipunan had over 30,000 members and functioned at the national, provincial, and municipal levels.

The Katipunan was a secret society founded in the Philippines by Andrés Bonifacio aimed towards liberating the country from the Spanish colonizers. The name Katipunan is actually a shorter version of the official name, which is in Tagalog: Kataastaasang, Kagalanggalangang Katipunan ng mga Anak ng Bayan (roughly translated as The Most High and Most Noble Society of the Children of the Nation). The Katipunan is also known by its acronym, KKK.

On August 30, 1896, Andres Bonifacio (The Father of the Katipunan) and his best friend, Emilio Jacinto, fought the first battle of the Philippine Revolution. Leading an army of eight hundred men, they attacked a gunpowder storehouse in San Juan del Monte. Today the place is called Pinaglabanan, meaning battlefield. The storehouse was an important military post for the Spanish army, but it was defended by only a hundred men. Outnumbered, the Spaniards retreated to El Deposito, the place where the Spaniards stored the water supply for the city of Intramuros.

I'm done!...
Thanks again for all the support.

SPECTACULAR 2D

12 December 2005
Hey congrats! Magnificent piece! Hope they get a kick out of this one

12 December 2005
Original and interesting style. Nice work.

12 December 2005
I love the way the lighting has changed the depth of the scene completely, yet you have retained the beautifully consistent drawing style on which you've founded the piece.

Well done - I like it much more stylistically than I thought i was going to and the subject matter is an excellent choice too (as well as educational

12 December 2005
Congrats pre! very nice and original piece. Good to see a glimpse of the filipino history. Astig talaga

Ingat at kita ulit tayo next time

12 December 2005
thank you guys!

SPECTACULAR 2D

12 December 2005
WoW±! Wooow! ww!

Looks just like a vintage tapestry or a wall painting, which I find very hard to realise on a digital support! I guess it can be done! Veeeery good, veeeeery veeeery good! Good luck, man!

12 December 2005
Hi!
Very Original style of painting
Awsome entry, congrats for finishing !

(sory for my bad english)

12 December 2005
I just can't help to admire it man! I love every pixel of it! Hope you make it!

12 December 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread