WIP: Gothic/Sci-Fi Citadel (Advice and Critique Appreciated!)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

4 Weeks Ago
It's going in the right direction.

4 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by I14R10: It's going in the right direction.
Good to know! Thanks! I've made some relatively major changes, however. I'm not using a mountain range now, and have instead opted for a field of crystallite/fantasy-ish crystals. Here's what I've put in so far:

It's still a work in progress, and I'm probably going to potentially tone down some of the crystals, and/or put in some distance fog to add in a): depth and b): to make the image a little less crowded.

Love to here feedback from all!

4 Weeks Ago
And some more images from some different angles!

I'm probably going to focus on finishing up the remaining textures for the citadel itself, along with actually putting in some window panes.

2 Weeks Ago
Some more updates! Minor texture additions and finally, window panes!

2 Weeks Ago
Some more minor updates, I've textured some more pieces, like the pointed arches and some more of the windows:

1 Week Ago
So some updates: I changed the side beams that link the towers and also changed the side towers themselves. I've also updated some textures and changed the camera size and other settings. I'd love to hear some feedback on everything!

1 Week Ago
Now I'm getting closer to the end of at least the building geometry. I think that for now, the texturing of the main buildings is finished. Now I need to actually fix the background (there doesn't appear to be any depth with the sky texture, no horizon line) and also potentially the lighting. Here's some of the high rez pics:

I'd still love to get feedback!

1 Week Ago
I feel like the night sky background and horizon are off. Any ideas?

1 Week Ago
So I've managed to make a fix for that issue:

This is probably it for me and texturing and/or making changes to the geometry. Next after this will probably be sculpting in Brush for the sculptures that are supposed to adorn the citadel.

What are people's thoughts on this? Should anything change? Should anything be taken out or added? Critique in general?

reply share thread