New hard surface modelling plugin - Looking for beta testers!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

1 Week Ago
New hard surface modelling plugin - Looking for beta testers!

Hi!
We recently posted a questions here where we asked you, “What do you miss inside c4d?” A lot of great suggestions came across, but one was standing out the most was a modelling tool that acts like Hard-ops (Blender) or MeshFusion (Modo).

So we started testing inside Cinema 4D if we can make something like this and we came up with a pretty interesting plugin. It’s a parametric boole plugin that completely changes to way to work with boolean object. It keep everything in a single hierarchy and you can add automatic bevels to every boole operation. You can always adjust every boole and change the bevel. We added some new functions like cut-in, symmetry and other fun concept for you to play around with.

We are looking we Beta testers that like to experiment with this concept. So if you are interested, drop us an email at info@thegreatsummit.com. Just sent your contact information and we will send you the beta version.

What do we ask of you?  
-Of course, look for bugs.
-Give us your opinion on the plugin.
-What extra features would you like to see?

As a bonus: if you make a 3d model using our plugin that we later can use as promotion you get the final version for free!!

The Great Summit website

Last edited by TheGreatSummit : 1 Week Ago at 07:23 AM.

1 Week Ago
I think it would be nice to have this complimentary to sculpt modeling.

1 Week Ago
We got a so many reactions! thanks all for helping us developing this plugin. For now we have enough beta testers. 
For the rest of the people how like to say up to date with the development. Follow the blog on the The Great Summit website.

The Great Summit Website

1 Week Ago
Cool. Taking some inspiration from the mighty powerful boolean tools in ZBrush there, by the looks of things.
I'm a kit bashing nut and booleans are one of my preferred methods for creating new shapes.

See here for experiments:
https://www.behance.net/gallery/10486469/ZBrush-doodles
https://www.behance.net/gallery/238...ction-2015-2017

Would love to help.

1 Week Ago
Just when I thought it would be great to have a plugin like mesh fusion ...
BAMM ! you posted one ... even though I didn't get to be a tester ... I love where this is going 

iMac 3.06 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo / 16 GB / OS 10.9.5 / C4D StudioR12 / CS6

R.I.P. 11.02.11 ... my dear friend .

1 Week Ago
As you share samples, it'd be great to see the topology of the resulting mesh - as that's one of the usual downsides of using booleans in general. 

1 Week Ago
Since Instant Meshes is freeware maybe be porting that to C4D for retopo afterwards?

reply share thread