texture on group

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2013
texture on group

Hello.

Is it possible to put a material on a group composed of children that already have their own material ?
Thanks for help.

02 February 2013
No a child material overrules the group material. This is handy when the entire group uses the same material except for a few members. But in the object manager Tags menu you can find a command Copy tag to children.

02 February 2013
Thanks for answering.
The problem I grouped everything in a "connect" object and my texturing is messed up when I copy the material from the "connect" to its children.

02 February 2013
When it's not a UVW projection the position of the mapping depends on the axis position of the object. So when you copy this kind of projection type to the children the texture can get a different position. In that case make sure the child objects have the axis at the same position as the group.

02 February 2013
ok I will give it a try.
Thks

02 February 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread