DJV Imaging 0.9.0 (open source flipbook)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

08 August 2014
Hi,

I'm actually working on that right now; I've finally completed the port of DJV to the Qt toolkit (took way longer than I expected), and I am now working on creating packages and documentation for a new release. I think I've got all of the Windows build issues sorted so there will definitely be a new Windows version.

Out of curiosity does anyone still use the 32-bit packages? The only reason why I was still building them is for QuickTime support, but I may try and switch over to libquicktime/FFmpeg which would remove that limitation and I was thinking of dropping the 32-bit packages.

Darby

08 August 2014
On another note I'm also updating all of the third-party packages so the next release of DJV will support OpenEXR 2.2; the new DWA compression looks quite nice for streaming EXR sequences.

Darby

08 August 2014
Good to know! thank you for your fast answer!

Personnaly I just install the x64 version (I don't understand why it is located in the program files (x86) though). I use it to playback exr sequence. And I don't use quicktime at all. I play movies with VLC and I send mp4 that are compatible with quicktime when I need to send files to someone else.

08 August 2014
OK, thanks. I'm not sure why the 64-bit install goes into the x86 directory. I'm using CMake to build the packages so maybe there is an option I'm not setting correctly, I'll see if I can fix it for the next release.

09 September 2014
dvj 0.9 windows x64

Originally Posted by 3rdrail: OK, thanks. I'm not sure why the 64-bit install goes into the x86 directory. I'm using CMake to build the packages so maybe there is an option I'm not setting correctly, I'll see if I can fix it for the next release.

Hey 3rdrail, Sorry I must have missed a step, is the compiled of djv 0.9 64bit for windows available somewhere?

I'd love to give it a try!

thanks
Lucavfx

09 September 2014
DJV is my main viewing tool for Linux and Windows. Quicktime implementation is important for us in Linux, but not windows.
We still have problems running windows Aero and DJV, as it takes down the display driver.

Thanks so much for your great tool!

09 September 2014
I just saw that version 1 was released!
Thanks for the great update. QT is a winner and runs great on windows and linux.
I have some feedback:

-The messages cmd prompt is always visible. That's strange.
-Before, I could map Playback forward to "spacebar" and it would play and stop animation with the same button. I can't do that anymore, so you need to set two shortcuts for playback and stop.
-When going fullscreen the controls are still visible, before they would disappear automatically without having to press "C".
-Windows file associations are broken (tested on windows 7 x64) and I can't choose the app to redirect file associations.

Overall great update.
Thanks again!

10 October 2014
Originally Posted by lucavfx: Hey 3rdrail, Sorry I must have missed a step, is the compiled of djv 0.9 64bit for windows available somewhere?

I'd love to give it a try!

thanks
Lucavfx

Hi Lucavfx,

I've just released a new version that includes packages for Windows, you can download it here:

http://djv.sourceforge.net/djvDownloads.html

I've also started a new thread here:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...?f=59&t=1223868

Thanks, Darby

10 October 2014
Originally Posted by leif3d: I just saw that version 1 was released!
Thanks for the great update. QT is a winner and runs great on windows and linux.
I have some feedback:

-The messages cmd prompt is always visible. That's strange.
-Before, I could map Playback forward to "spacebar" and it would play and stop animation with the same button. I can't do that anymore, so you need to set two shortcuts for playback and stop.
-When going fullscreen the controls are still visible, before they would disappear automatically without having to press "C".
-Windows file associations are broken (tested on windows 7 x64) and I can't choose the app to redirect file associations.

Overall great update.
Thanks again!

Hi Leif,

Thanks for the feedback; I hadn't made an announcement yet so I wasn't sure if anyone would notice the new packages. I'll enter your feedback into the bug tracker and see if I can get them resolved for the next release.

Thanks, Darby

reply share thread