Render artefacts

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2013
So what solved it for you?

01 January 2013
Just a guess on my part ... since the blades have been repositioned,
I still feel it was a reflection problem more so than AA.

However ... glad it was sorted

Edit: I was in error ... it was more so the AA

iMac 3.06 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo / 16 GB / OS 10.9.5 / C4D StudioR12 / CS6

R.I.P. 11.02.11 ... my dear friend .

Last edited by vid2k2 : 01 January 2013 at 02:36 PM.

01 January 2013
Originally Posted by mustardseed: So what solved it for you?

I've read the manual (as Little_Devil suggested). And yes it was the AA issue. "min 4 max 16" did it. And it didn't took long to render. I mean yeah it took longer but no drama: 5 mins (on my MacBook Air).

01 January 2013
Did you try at max AA 8? I must admit I've never had to crank it up to 16 before, especially with min already at 4.

Also did you try the Standard renderer without GI, or the Physical Renderer? I may be wrong, but I don't really see much in your scene that needs GI. Most of the look seems to come from the reflections.

01 January 2013
Originally Posted by Bhangra: I've read the manual (as Little_Devil suggested). And yes it was the AA issue. "min 4 max 16" did it. And it didn't took long to render. I mean yeah it took longer but no drama: 5 mins (on my MacBook Air).

hey,

glad it did work. but note that your rendertimes will explode as soon as you introduce
textures or noisy shaders. to prevent this you should use then larger threshold values
to pass these brightness changes. however this problem cannot be solved entirely then,
because at some point you will to start to cut off desired reflection, shadow or
transparency informations.

@ imashination

the reason to raise the minimum samples is to pull the brightness informations out of
the bright jagged areas into minimum sampled areas, so that maximum samples will
have an easier job to blend their pixels with the surrounding areas. it is the common
approach for the problem being discussed here. but you might also get away with
2x8@5%, my guess was rather conservative, but arguing about that, seems to be
rather pointless to me. the advice to not use Min samples at all, seems to be quite
questionable to me.

01 January 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread