CGTalk > Sponsored Challenges and Awards > Past Challenges (Archives) > Eon (Model)
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 11-15-2006, 07:08 PM   #31
destruct007
I'm a computer

portfolio
David Schoneveld
Effects Artist
Los Angeles, USA

Send a message via AIM to destruct007
thanks jj, yeah Architecture is what I'm better at, or at least it's easier for me. I plan to make her stylised still yet less cartoony, or should I say less anime more comic book, and by comic book, I don't mean super or heroic proportions per-say, more like that type of face. I don't mind the face I have now but I realised it's not what I was going for. This was less inspired, and more about getting a model out. I realised tho that my concept for this challenge hinges on Patrica looking just right.
I don't feel bad that I'm remodeling her, it's my choice. I need to make something truer to my style, not a style that I like but isn't mine. Lucky I love doing this, hah!

www.agentfx.com

Old 11-15-2006, 07:19 PM   #32
chandro
Extempore

portfolio
Chandro Uttamchandani
Graphic Artist
Philippines

great environment! are you on the texturing part already?

Old 11-17-2006, 06:09 PM   #33
destruct007
I'm a computer

portfolio
David Schoneveld
Effects Artist
Los Angeles, USA

Send a message via AIM to destruct007
Modeling: patricia model rebuild

ok this wasn't nearly as painful as I thought. I was on chandro's thread on this forum, and he said he uses silo for a lot of modeling, and I've heard of silo for a long time, well I downloaded it and am trying it out on pieces of my model and realized I wouldn't have to remodel per-say since the topology only have a few areas of crap, that needed rework. So I spent last night reading, and watching silo tutorials and trying things out, this morning worked on the model and got her really close to where I was trying to go in maya but couldn't! I'm really happy about that. I did try twice to remodel her but it just kept looking worse, silo was totally the key! So here is the before and after, she's not done but you can see more the direction I'm trying to go.
Maybe after a little more reworking tonight I'll have her to a place where I can focus on that damn skin shader, and lighting.

C - no, Not really texturing too much yet, I've started bump mapping but no colors until I'm happy with that kind of stuff first.

www.agentfx.com

Old 11-18-2006, 06:31 AM   #34
chandro
Extempore

portfolio
Chandro Uttamchandani
Graphic Artist
Philippines

pretty Fast! what kind of shader your going to use with her skin?

Old 11-18-2006, 06:31 AM   #35
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread