Young Person's Motorcycle, Robert Kwolek (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2004
Young Person's Motorcycle, Robert Kwolek (3D)

Title: Young Person's Motorcycle
Name: Robert Kwolek
Software: 3ds max, mental ray, Photoshop

This motorcycle was originally created for the Intermot design competition. The goal was to create a currently-production-capable motorcycle geared towards yound riders.
Editable polys were used for the models and I painted all of the textures. The weird background was created as a biproduct of attempting to create a cool HDRI effect.

Any crits or comments are welcome. I'm only 16, so I know that I still have a lot to learn.

09 September 2004
Intresting front suspension - can I see more pics?

09 September 2004
Very Nice work Turboff. I hope to see more work from you in the future.

Regards

10 October 2004
May be its not very important - such asymmetrical front shock-absorber/lever will not probably working good? And it would be better to add more technical details (engine, etc.) - make it more naked? And of course you've already been here - http://www.timcamerondesign.com.au/TCDgallery.html

It seems to be the best CG bikes ever seen

Last edited by Ventro : 10 October 2004 at 10:51 AM.

10 October 2004
nice work. do you have any wire frames to show?

10 October 2004
Ventro,

An asymmetrical suspension isn't a bad idea, it just depends on how it's done. Cannondale has a one-sided shock arrangement and they're supposedly pretty good. My dad is an automotive engineer and he said that my suspension, while not as good as BMW's single-shock system, would work and wouldn't be too bad. Plus, I just think it looks cooler.

Regarding the nakedness, I wanted this bike to have a specific smooth look, and I don't think that would've worked so well with a naked bike. Also, I'm not an engineer so I don't know and didn't have the time to work on an open engine.

Nofx, here is one lit wirefrime, and a smooth with faces. I hope they're sufficient.

10 October 2004
thank you. nice work you have there. very clean i would like to see it textured some more if you can. this bike has tons of potential

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread