need a simple brush like ps hard round

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

Thread Tools Display Modes
  01 January 2007
need a simple brush like ps hard round

ok here is what i am looking for a painter brush that works like the round brushes in photoshop ( the translusancy is what i am talking about) the scratch board tool comes close but at low opacities i get that strangeness as the tool turns corners...if anyone knows what brush i can use or how to kill the artifacts that show up in the scratchboard tool let me know.....

btw i am looking for a non-watercolor brush or one that wont constantly be 'evauating brush directions' thank you
  01 January 2007
You can set one of the new "artist oils" brushes to work like the round photoshop brush, it's not a perfect clone, but it's got advantages like the ability to blend. Also you'll still get corner problems on really sharp angles, but not anywhere near as bad as using the scratchboard tool.

Take any artist oils brush, turn viscosity to 0. If you want it to blend turn up the blending and the wetness, if you don't, turn those to 0 too.

Oh yeah, it will still overpaint itself on the same stroke unlike the photoshop brush.

Last edited by RetroTorque : 01 January 2007 at 04:44 AM.
  01 January 2007
Originally Posted by kraal: looking for a painter brush that works like the round brushes in photoshop
Why not use a simple pen brush, set to cover mode, round tip and low opacity?
Thread Closed share thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Society of Digital Artists

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.