3D-Coat 4.0 released

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2013
3D-Coat 4.0 released

3D-Coat 4.0 has been officially released with huge updates over the previous version. Here are some of the biggest new features.

• Live Clay - This is a full set of sculpting tools allowing dynamic mesh density including ways to paint on more or less density where you need it, even applying decimation where you like with a brush.
  • Revised interface - The new changes to the UI include options for icons on all of the tool buttons, choose whether you want to have icons, just text, both text and icon, even the size of the icon. Many other changes will make your sculpting and texturing time easier and faster.
  • Painting - You can now paint emissive and colored specular in your textures. Painting is now also enabled directly on your sculpted mesh which can be directly exported or baked onto a lower poly mesh with UV textures.
  • New Pencil tool and Magic Wand for painting pixel art and making quick selections.
  • Spline drawing mode - This new mode allows you to create a spline on the surface of your model and used it for applying texture or sculpting
  • The Voxel Extrude tool allows you to select an area and then extrude or flatten it with razor sharp edges or soft curved corners.
  • Retopology on a model can now follow changes made to the original.
  • The Retopology room now has tools like Extrude allowing you to do polygonal modeling

There are many more changes and improvements. See the full list here:
http://3d-coat.com/3d-coat-v4/

Until July 1st the cost is only $349. Upgrade price from v3 is $84. See the purchasing page for details.
http://3d-coat.com/buy-now/

Features video (Thanks intentionalpixel):
http://youtu.be/d8D1Kfz4BPQ
Sculpt first, Polygons later

Last edited by philnolan3d : 05 May 2013 at 04:25 PM.

05 May 2013
The feature list link is in my post above. Thanks for the video link though.

05 May 2013
Yeah i bought this a while ago (+6 months) only for some personal use for texture painting. Was not disappointed, but granted it is a bit hard not to improve on zbrush's system of polypainting.

So having both i think i will have to use the voxel tools at the very least for hard surface modelling. The two apps obviously have a lot of cross over and i don't doubt that zbrush will always be my goto for sculpting, but 3dc is a nice alternative and has a lot of utility.

It has matured nicely and the price is very appealing for new users and existing ones looking to upgrade.

05 May 2013
Since this was moved to Press Releases for some reason I guess I'll add the press release.

Kiev, May 30, 2013
Press-release

Pilgway, the development studio behind 3D-Coat, popular voxel sculpting, 3d-model detailing and drawing application, is happy to announce the fourth installment of the program is now available for download and purchase.

With V4 we have taken massive effort to deliver a whole set of new great features into 3D-Coat, all to make it an even more powerful and versatile 3D graphics toolset capable of realizing your most daring ideas...

Buy Full Professional V4 for $349 and Upgrade to V4 for 84$*! This is a time-limited offer ending on July 1, 2013, with the prices to be increased afterward.

Here is the list of 3D-Coat V4 key features:

- Live Clay released! We are glad to finally release long-awaited "dynamic tessellation" Live Clay sculpting tools. With Live Clay you won't bother anymore about resolution of your entire object, as now you'll have desired level of details only where you need it!
- Interface revised! New style. New Iconic look. New Start Dialog. New shaders preview, and more.
- Speed increased everywhere 3 to 10x. This is mostly related to Win version, Mac and Linux versions got speedup too, but Win version speedup is especially impressive!
- Painting emissive and colored specular introduced
- Painting over voxels/vertex painting introduced
- Possibility to retopo big meshes 10-50M and more
- Dozens of new tools and options
- New Spline drawing mode
- Major update of texture baking functions
- High-speed boolean operations in surface mode, hardsurface modeling with sharp edges
- Special tools for Product/Prototype modeling
- Overall speed, quality, and stability improved!
- Scripting via "C++ like" Angelscript

Find the complete list of V4 features and additions on the official 3D-Coat web-site: 3d-coat.com/3d-coat-v4/
Watch 3D-Coat V4 Promo video here: youtu.be/d8D1Kfz4BPQ

Support information:

- V3 serial keys reminder - 3d-coat.com/buy-now/serial-remind/
- Can't find your serial key via above link? Write here - sales@3d-coat.com
- Price related questions - sales@3d-coat.com
- Registration problems - web@3d-coat.com

About 3D-Coat

3D-Coat is a powerful tool for 3D artists and designers aimed to boost the speed and quality of 3D-object texturing and detailing and created with game development and 3D-art needs in mind. Enabled with industry-new auto-retopology tools and the cutting-edge volumetric sculpting features and given the overall user-friendliness, 3D-Coat is a must have application for any 3D artist, modeler or sculptor, both amateur and professional. 3D-Coat is developed by Pilgway Studio. Official 3D-Coat web-site: 3d-coat.com For media enquiries, please contact us at d.yanev@3d-coat.com

*Upgrade pricing notes:
- Everyone who bought 3D-Coat V3 after August, 1 2012 (including) will get the upgrade for FREE!
- For everyone who bought 3D-Coat V3 in the period of May,1 2012 - August, 1 2012 the price will gradually change from $84 to $10!

05 May 2013
Weird, coat threads getting locked, does they not like 3d-coat here?

I've heard a lot of good things about this program and I need something to replace modos awful sculpting and painting, and while blender has been able to take over most of the things coming from modo I'm still looking for a little more.

Oh well, demo or trial here I come...

05 May 2013
3D Coat has been a great investment. It has already paid for itself in a short time and does a better job for me in terms of game art than most.

06 June 2013
Originally Posted by Sthu: Weird, coat threads getting locked, does they not like 3d-coat here?

THIS thread isn't locked.
LinkedIn

06 June 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread