WIP - Kreola - Joel Hageman

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2013
This is my image for the project. Obviously many things left in corners and such. Quite scratchy. But I'm still glad I got this posted, and spent some time on it. I think you do learn as you go.

So, thanks to all the creators of the project. I like trying to make something happen. And there are a lot of versions of Flussdorf, which I really need to review. Plus: sleeeep.

11 November 2013
That´s right, get some sleep, you did very well.
Sure, there are a few little glitches here and there but by and large you created a wonderful atmosphere.

Btw. the way you treated the dish was perfect

11 November 2013
Well, I'm glad that dish worked out after all. Hey, thanks a bunch for the notes. I did try to get an atmosphere to this.

Hey, for your final, I 'm not sure what's missing for a matte. It has a bunch of things to it, and a lot of space. I'm glad it turned out like the original concept. I like it.

11 November 2013
Matte Painting

Dear Joel,

You are definitely on the right track. Matte Paintings however need to feel like realistic photography as an ultimate goal. Your path is set correctly, it merely comes down to some additional techniques in your skill set at this point, which you can learn by practicing such things as integrating more photo elements or getting used to the healing brush tool in Photoshop.
You have made it especially tricky by creating the foreground from scratch. Which is a great exercise that you should continue even after the deadline of this competition. Try continuing that brick/rock wall while keeping the textural quality from the plate.
I think this can still become a very strong piece for your portfolio.

Good Luck,
Milan

Originally Posted by JoelHageman: This is my image for the project. Obviously many things left in corners and such. Quite scratchy. But I'm still glad I got this posted, and spent some time on it. I think you do learn as you go.

So, thanks to all the creators of the project. I like trying to make something happen. And there are a lot of versions of Flussdorf, which I really need to review. Plus: sleeeep.

11 November 2013
Hi,

Thanks for the responses.

I think it's a great idea to keep on with this. I actually was thinking of leaving it where it was. But I don't see any reason not to finish up, now that you've mentioned it. Even further develop it. I'd like to see it done, too.

Milan - Working on the painting practice sounds great. That's something I would like continue. The bricks sound like a plan. Being able to use other techniques would be wise, too. That's true. The healing brush could come in useful here, I think. I admit, I haven't done a lot with it. I'm looking into updating my techniques, which I think I should do.

James - That water. It's a subject. Several versions of it. I was looking at Venice stuff while doing it. I just need to key in on the look of it, I think. I'll have to take another look at the antenna. In a big hurry at that point. Giving the picture more air, with moving the sides more, might just work. I have a reluctance to just move pieces around. But I'm sure it isn't unusual. The Ewok celebration had bits of projected footage. And the fact is, this is computer work, where lots of things can happen. I noticed that railing too.

Thanks so much for the notices. I'll update on things.

11 November 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread