Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 10-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #1
Andrags
portfolio
Germany

Buying a new computer...

Hey Guys,

Finally, after years of use I am planning on replacing my working laptop by a workstation PC. I just started working with 3D Animations (Autodesk Maya) and as soon as the meshes get bigger, my computer starts to lag terribly.
I want to switch back to a workstation and I have a budget of around 1000 (1350$) for the hardware. I mainly use the computer for graphic software like Maya, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, AfterEffects and if I find the time from time to time I also like to play computer games.

I am just terrible at all this hardware stuff - so I am asking your, would you help me out with some recommendations?

Operating System: Windows

Best,
Andrags

Old 10-16-2013, 03:31 PM   #2
finalhour
portfolio
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrags
Hey Guys,

Finally, after years of use I am planning on replacing my working laptop by a workstation PC. I just started working with 3D Animations (Autodesk Maya) and as soon as the meshes get bigger, my computer starts to lag terribly.
I want to switch back to a workstation and I have a budget of around 1000 (1350$) for the hardware. I mainly use the computer for graphic software like Maya, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, AfterEffects and if I find the time from time to time I also like to play computer games.

I am just terrible at all this hardware stuff - so I am asking your, would you help me out with some recommendations?

Operating System: Windows

Best,
Andrags

hey,

you can take a look at my thread. it's called "pc build help please " and I asked almost the same question as you with almost the same budget. I'm also a hardware newbie and maybe my thread helps you a little bit. And by the way...I'm german too

Old 10-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #3
Andrags
portfolio
Germany

Oh hey Nice to meet you and thanks for the advice. Did you already bought some of the stuff?

Old 10-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #4
finalhour
portfolio
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrags
Oh hey Nice to meet you and thanks for the advice. Did you already bought some of the stuff?

no i haven't because for now I'm still asking different people for recommendations to have some options

Old 10-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #5
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread