Wx-t

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2012
Hi I agree with other fellas, but before starting to sculpture I advise to fix your propotions for the body, at least this is my approach.

Kolay Gelsin
vimeo.com/user7844693

04 April 2012
Hi tozger

i have started from the beginning, as you see on the second page
you can see the head on the second page have a look at it also

04 April 2012
If it would be so easy as just to use references, modeling characters would be as easy as tanks and furniture. But until you understand what's under, you won't be able to interpret it correctly.

04 April 2012
no no I agree with you ofcourse it is not easy I was just asking how to improve this model maybe more roundeed head or what should I do to this

thanks peter

04 April 2012
Hello Peter. I know you would love to be able to create amazing characters and models but nothing happens over night you need to put a lot of sweat and work into it.

You have to think about the anatomy and what kind of character you are trying to make, is it a fat person, athlete, bodybuilder, etc.. They all have different muscles defined because of the lives they lead they develop different muscles so they all look different.

When you compare your model to other models which you might use as a learning reference you need to ask yourself why and how your model looks different and what you need to do in order to make it look good. Once you can tell the difference try to incorporate that into your model. What you need is to learn to observe more closely and try using as many different references and try to see what is the same and what is different.

You can't always expect from someone to tell you to the letter whats wrong with your model ( major issues ) because if you can't tell it by yourself then you need to study the form a lot more. I am not talking about some subtle things that you missed, I am talking about the major proportional issues such as your leg being clearly smaller in comparison to the rest of the body, etc..

Also you have internet at your disposal, you can find all kinds really good different tutorial material. You can also get some tutorials in which you can watch instructor actually sculpting the model from start to finish and try to copy that if nothing else helps. As more you practice you will learn and understand form and anatomy more clearly. You also have finished samples that come with ZBrush so you can study them too.

After all you have a mirror and look at yourself, move your body and see what happens with the muscles, or if you are not muscular type then you can see some workouts on youtube and observe what happens with the muscles and the body.

Sculpting is all about understanding anatomy, without that there is almost 0% chances that you will make a good anatomically correct model.

I hope this helps, cheers.

04 April 2012
Hi sova,

thanks for your kind comments, as I have started from the beggining, I didnt want to create a new thread so I continued from this one. so please ignore the previous model the body and the sculpting now I have started from the beggining with the head as you sea on my last page what do you think about the head then I will move on to the body again

thanks

peter

04 April 2012
started for the body

still in progress

thanks peter

04 April 2012
I have to agree with Sova in terms of understanding anatomy and all the very helpful tips given, I may also say collect as much reference imagery as possible, kinda similar to Sova again with the different body types.

At the base level all body types are the same just in different proportions so theoritically you could model a generic body (neither fat or thin) and scale the legs, stomach, arms etc. out to make a larger person or slimmed down and if you focus on a great topology and create that understanding for yourself then things should look a lot more convincing (also look at faces, collect different face types also with different facial expressions).

04 April 2012
thnaks arti digital

beucause it is still in progress probably by the time it will along better I think because after i finish I am planing to export it to mud to play with the overall shape

peter

04 April 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread