Posting Scripts

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

02 February 2010
Geez guys! I don't want to be party-pooper and bust anybody's bubble, but I just stumbled over this thread and have to add a grain of salt to the enthusiasm here.

I know when you write a script, you want people's opinions etc, but is it really such a good idea to post ie your last 3 months hard creative work openly, when there are actually people being paid by the industry to "covertly" scout for new material which they never intend to pay for? Back when I started out in the film biz, I was just as openly and naively discussing my ideas more or less in public until I received a pretty sharp "behavior correction advice" from a man who has been in the entertainment industry for a very long time and at a rather respectable celebrity level at that. Building on what he told me, my own advice to all people here is:

Be very thoughtful about what you are publishing like this! There are plenty of people out there who'll gladly steal your ideas for their own purposes and you'll never get credit or a single cent for them. These people capitalize on the fact that creative minds have tons of ideas and are naive enough to not mind one or two being stolen, since they have many more to replace them. Key is, you'll never know what your break will be and when you'll need that particular material to advance yourself. Show your best stuff only to people you trust! Just be careful, the internet is hardly the right place to improve your writing to begin with. Personally, I don't think a thread like this is a very good idea at all and other ways to help people with their writing have to be found for online purposes.

Cheers and successful scriptwriting!

Last edited by TheRazorsEdge : 02 February 2010 at 11:59 AM.

05 May 2010
It's my first post so I wanna say to all of you: Hello I've written a script for an animatiom movie and since a few months I'm looking for an animator. It is a story about love and a burning desire between two matches amongst a box/world of matches. The script has 4 pages and I want to get started on the storyboards and animation straight away. If there are any animators or moving image artists out there that would be interested in the project, please dont hesitate in contacting me at langedarf@gmail.com

Also, if someone needs and idea or script or help in creating the story, I'd like to offer my service

reply share thread