Autodesk Alias

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2005
Originally Posted by im_thatoneguy: First off this...

...is rediculous. Softimage was the first production ready software. Why? Because the practically invented IK. XSI wasn't softimage's first 3d app, and it's not even the one that everyone is using. ILM barely made the transition from Softimage 3d to XSI 2 or 3 years ago for their character animation. So if we're going to award packages based on when they were released, Maya loses because you have to take into account: Kinetic's 3D Studio (DOS), and Softimage 3D, both of which were out years before Maya. What autodesk needs to do is just produce a solid extensible application to "win".

I think he was talking about the first NEXT GEN app. XSI vs Maya, not Softimage vs Maya.

12 December 2005
anyone knows the future with maya?....
what comes with this "autrodesk-alias" fusion?
will maya keep on market?

12 December 2005
why would you revive this one month old thread for something like that...

12 December 2005
Unhappy

I am new in maya I am learning maya I really love maya what will be happen in future.living without MAYA is bad and ...........

12 December 2005
Originally Posted by pisces3d: I am new in maya I am learning maya I really love maya what will be happen in future.living without MAYA is bad and ...........

Same here. I love Maya too and spending much time and money to learning DVDs and books. I switched from Cinema 4D - and never worked with 3ds Max. I want to stay with Maya and I want Maya to stay on the market...

12 December 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread