Jp 3d This Weekend!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2013
Jp 3d This Weekend!

Is anyone else going to see Jurassic park in Imax 3d this weekend?!

I's so pumped, this is one my all time favorite and most influential (in terms of the 3d world) movies and I've always been annoyed that I didn't go see it on the big screen the first time around.

04 April 2013
I'm really looking forward to seeing this on the big screen again.

From what I've seen on Rotten Tomatoes and heard from a few who have watched it, it holds up very well and the 3D conversion was top notch.

04 April 2013
Thats great to hear, i saw it on tv about a month ago and that was the original cut and it still looked good. I wasn't sure how the cg would hold up when converted to Imax resolution but you're, right according to rotten tomatoes theres pretty much unanimity on this film still rocking. In fact of the 7 negative reviews only 1 is form the year 2013

04 April 2013
its this weekend, really
I loved the JP book and movies so i will be seeing it for sure

04 April 2013
Originally Posted by mlager8: Is anyone else going to see Jurassic park in Imax 3d this weekend?!

I's so pumped, this is one my all time favorite and most influential (in terms of the 3d world) movies and I've always been annoyed that I didn't go see it on the big screen the first time around.

As far as I am concerned, come hell or high water!
I'm gonna do something I don't typically do: go extra for the IMAX 3D. My local cinema projector is getting a little fuzzy.

04 April 2013
saw it and loved every minute of it. for a movie that came out 20 yrs ago it gave me the same feelings like when i first saw it. the 3d was ok but because I really enjoy jp it didn't matter. the vfx didn't seem that out dated at all

04 April 2013
That's awesome to hear! I'm seeing it tomorrow morning 10am, don't think I'll be disappointed. :-)

04 April 2013
Well the movie did REALLY WELL this weekend.
(It did $18.2M in the US alone)

Here is a treat for the fans of the film:
JURASSIC PARK T-Rex - Part 1 - Building an Animatronic Dinosaur
http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...d&v=4SK1qTnhHzI
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

04 April 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread