Net Render is possessed

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2012
Net Render is possessed

After I finally got my external nodes playing nice through the firewall, now something has gone horribly wrong with the server. Once started, the server will go along as normal for about 5 minutes where it will suddenly freak out and disconnect all of the clients. When I client tries to reconnect, I get an error that says "server is not a C4D Net server". When I try to open the preferences in the server window, it tells me it cannot open the file. I've tried trashing the old server and did a new install but I have the same issue so there's obviously some corrupted files somewhere in my system that the server looks to. Has anyone seen this before or tell me exactly which files need to be routed out in order to fix this?

Thanks!
HyperactiveVR
I reject your reality and substitute my own

12 December 2012
This message and the trouble you have indicate that there is another software running a service on the same port(s) as the Net Server.

12 December 2012
Originally Posted by Srek: This message and the trouble you have indicate that there is another software running a service on the same port(s) as the Net Server.

But if that were true I wouldn't be able to connect to the server at all, wouldn't I? If I restart the server, the clients will reconnect and everything acts normal for about 5 minutes. Also, why can't I pull up my preferences if it's a port issue?
HyperactiveVR

12 December 2012
Ok, now the external clients aren't connecting (don't know why, I won't be able to check those for a couple hours) and everything seems to be running normally internally. I can open the server preferences and everything. Possessed, I tell you.

But since the outside nodes aren't connecting and everything is fine again, that would suggest it has something to do with a conflict with the external nodes and ports as you said. Preparing my holy water.
HyperactiveVR

12 December 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread