Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles CG Show(New Intro/Clip)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2012
Originally Posted by Papa Lazarou: if they were only interested in the new money they wouldn't bother with tired old shows from the 80s. They do it because there's already an audience there, and many of them have kids now. So they hope for crossover appeal. 'hey look at this son, I used to like that when I was your age'.

Problem is, the source material is generally woeful. In the context of the time, they were throwing a lot of shit at a lot of walls, and this was the shit that stuck.

Fair enough, but I meant for the kids themselves they can't rely off nostalgia, cause the kids don't have any. In other words the quality of the show can't rely off the kid going, "Oh, I remember Raphael!"

But I think we're talking about two different things.

I guess with shows like this I don't really care about originality or amazing quality. I loved ninja turtles when I was a kid, and I'm sure if I watched it again it'd be awful. Kids will probably love this too. It's just a fun action saturday morning cartoon, and the turtles are fun characters who like pizza and know martial arts, and they're turtles!

www.MichaelSime.com

09 September 2012
Originally Posted by eliseu gouveia: I never quite understood why the ninja turtles wear masks.

What, they´re affraid they might be recognised?

It's the universal law of superhero disguises. Stick on some eye wear and you look completely different. How Steve never recognized Diana as Wonder Woman used to bother me every week but it didn't stop me watching

Cheers,
Brian

09 September 2012
Wink interesting

Originally Posted by Horganovski: It's the universal law of superhero disguises. Stick on some eye wear and you look completely different. How Steve never recognized Diana as Wonder Woman used to bother me every week but it didn't stop me watching

Cheers,
Brian

Actually, it was more of a Cartoon 101. In close up, they need to differentiate between characters for kid. I know because I listen to a talk by the man (TMNT himself) himself. Originally, they are all same colour. But it have to be changed for kid. I can't remember about the mask specifically, was it an in joke to Superman (his glass). It was quite a long time ago that I listen to his talk... but yeah, he did talk about the mask, and he did said originally it was all same color. But kids hard to recognize each turtle in a same close up panel. And of course, the lettering at the belt, in case of b&w comics....

09 September 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread