Eon (Trailer) Entry: Anthony Sheehy

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2006
Now, I don't wanna rain on your parade T, but... I don't agree with Rattlesnake. Patricia is discribed as 24 year old hispanic girl with square eyes. I would like to see a version that makes her come out not quite so mature and serious. (No offense, the concept is brilliantly executed. Just not what I had imagined. Sorry, m8...) On the other hand, artistic freedom and all that...

ps. love the sniper rifle. bleepin' awesome man.

EON TRAILER CHALLENGE

11 November 2006
IMHO - we must show our art freedom from the "E O N" novell, i think there will be as much interpretations as artists, so it's an individual way of each artist to make trailer and the story individual.

I think the first thing in this competition is not to show your abilities but to obtain more knowledge and experiense from others.

[forgive me my bad english]

11 November 2006
LOL. That's why you get to model your own patricia.

The concepts weren't made in stone and were never intended to be. The patricia sketch was actually meant to be part of a more finished story board that kinda hasn't happened yet. It was done more to show the reflection of the stone on the glass, it was never a concrete interperation of the character. I can tell you now that she isn't going to look like that, and probably won't look Hispanic either. I don't think that it matters anyway. Linh Mai in the modelling forum modelled Milla Jovovich for Patricia and that looks awesome, and it suits a sci fi flick.

I can tell you now the chamber 4 looks nothing like it does in the concept art. Well maybe a little but there have been some major changes. Actually spent most of last night refining sketches for that chamber, a lot of unreadable scribble to most people but it's slowly taking shape. It's panel 8 in the story board which has been swapped to shot 7 in the animatic. It shows the character standing on a ledge as the camera pulls back overlooking the chamber. It's going to be a holiday resort/hotel thats been built into the side of the cliff and is now abandoned. After all that chamber was designed as a recreation center.

11 November 2006
Yeah, Linhs Milla looks awesome.

Regarding the 4th chamber. I had a similar idea with desolate, direlict buildings, but I haven't gotten around to designing them yet. I was thinking along the lines of kind of plateau structures along the sides and smaller spherical bulidings here and there. Pretty much overgrown with plants and weeds. We'll see...

EON TRAILER CHALLENGE

11 November 2006
Well I'm back after a few days away. Had a bit of a problem with my chamber 4 component. Lost 4 days work due to my own stupidity. However not one to let a little adversity get in my way I just did again only a little better. Well I think so anyway.

Got a little work in progress of one of my buildings. It is intended to be in a orthodox Naderite style hotel in the 4 th chamber this is why it looks quite, well normal. the little bits that will make it look more futuristic haven't been made yet still working on those, so hopefully have it done in a few days. Textured and Finished ready for the animation. Got to add alot more little rooms and things this is just the lobby so far.

11 November 2006
Edited storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Chamber 4 W.I.P.

Ok. Here is a really early version of chamber 4 still got some many things to add. I've written in where things will be soon and what things are so you can see where I'm going with this. I have done this because I didn't submit a concept for this scene.

11 November 2006
Superb work here! the rifle is perfect and fit perfectly with the story mood (futuristic but not impossible) about the new angles for lanier scene...i think the new one are far better than the previous.I agree with targus,about taking a bit of freedom from the novel just to put some art and personal vision to the job.Anyway..i like your patricia even if she looks older than a 24 y.o. girl.
Looking to the rifle....did you plan to put that kind of detail everiwhere in your trailer????

-oz-

B-movie

11 November 2006
Thanks OZ. Glad your back. I missed your updates while you weren't here. In terms of detail.Yep as much as I can anyway. foregrounds will be at least moderately detailed. Backgrounds less so. At the pace I'm going I think I can still make it... Just. so I'll do as much as I can with in the time limits.

11 November 2006
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Chamber 4 More Detail

Not a major update, just a bit more detail to the front of the abandoned hotel, also started the cabin on the cliff in the background.

11 November 2006
Good studies. I like these!

11 November 2006
[QUOTE=Tenacious]

Few Quick concepts of astronuats with slight variations in their suits. Looking at taking modern spacesuits and equipment and slightly modifying them to make a unique yet fimiliar feel that Eon seems to present.[Good studies. I like these!]

11 November 2006
Too bad about losing four days of work. That definitely sucks. Nice updates though with the hotel. The building looks solid, almost classical in appearance. I'm looking forward to the textures.

And look, you're even drawing the author's attention. Great job!

My Website :: My Sketchbook Thread :: EON Trailer Challenge

11 November 2006
i agree with fifty3dragons!! just a sin! 4 days!!! gosh!
You are doing a brilliant work so every day is precious to close the trailer.Anyway...i like a lot the 4th chamber camp!!! Keep it up!

B-movie

11 November 2006
Hey Anthony i see that your project is growing up ! happy to see some architecture now.
Sorry for your lost datas. Hope you can do it again, and do it better surely.

11 November 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread