Question regarding cleaning out Temp files for Maya?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2007
Question regarding cleaning out Temp files for Maya?

Hi, thank you for reading my question.

I recently finished a large animation project using Maya 7.0. The problem I am having now is that when I try and open up different character rigs I get an error that says

"Fatal Error. Attempting to save in c : / Docume~1/Admini~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/Administrator.20070412.2334.ma"

I noticed too that when I was working on that animation project that it would, for some reason, keep saving my maya stuff in some Temp folder, and I don't understand why since I made a project specifically for what I was working for my maya folder. This happened at least a dozen times if maya would accidently shut down. I'm assuming it's saving somewhere and clogging up my RAM or something which is why maya isn't really working anymore and my computer seems to be running a bit sluggish then it did before I started this project.

I have a Boxx 3800 that is fully capable of running and handling Maya and it wasn't till I finished this project that everything seemed to go kind of crazy on my computer. I have done a number of projects before this and everything ran just fine.

Any advice on how to fix this problem and what is causing it would be of great help. Thank you.

Last edited by vandervliet : 04 April 2007 at 03:47 AM.

04 April 2007
Autosave

Turn off the auto save and it should solve this-

04 April 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread