200+ Women In L.A.s Animation Ind Demand Studios End Sexual Harassment In Workplace

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

4 Days Ago
Originally Posted by imashination: The link I posted has a video from the lady herself describing what happened and she has many other videos where she talks about the events. In none of her own descriptions did he touch her, make any sexual advances or suggestions. He simply asked her back to his room to continue talking about the topics which were being discussed at the philosophical event they were at. And sure, maybe his motives were sex, but is that suddenly a bad thing? If you're up drinking in a bar at 4am, you're going to be flirted with, male or female.
True. She also didn't call it sexual harassment either. Se said she felt 'sexualized'. Aka If she had been a guy-would that guy have bothered?!...Probably not.

Aka she felt he was looking for sex and I can't hold it against her for probably being right.

Last edited by circusboy : 4 Days Ago at 03:59 PM.

4 Days Ago
Originally Posted by ilovekaiju: That is another question. Does the location change the scenario.
I'm at work at the copier machine with a co-worker and try to make a flirtatious attempt at a "move".
Or what if we are all at the bar and you all have had something to drink and you invite your coworker who is also in a tipsy but lively mood over....Does that change things?
I know right. The thought process doesn't pan out past the first 10 seconds of thought.

Son - " Hey dad, I met a great girl at work, we're on a date tonight!! "
Dad - " WORK?!?!, shit son we need to talk "
Son - " Is there a problem? "
Dad - " Hell yes. You're basically a creep and and possibly a danger to woman. You need to apologies in some way - maybe come out on Twitter or Facebook "
Son - " Dad, lay of the Soy products, it's cool - she and I get on great "
Dad - " That's beside the point, your toxic masculinity and privilege is the problem. Whether the girl realises it or not, she is a victim here, and a helpless one at that. "
Son - " But she asked me for the date "
Dad - " Some how you're still to blame. Men are always the problem - it's the way now. If this took place at the work place, you are a creep. It is as simple as that "
Son - " Well actually she asked me after work whilst on the bus home "
Dad - " Ah - that's alright then, you're in the clear. But remember - all interactions between 8.00am and 5.00pm are essentially rape "

4 Days Ago
So I guess you'll just have to figure it all out then.
Good luck.

2 Days Ago
The problem is that most harassers view their unsolicited/unwanted advances as benign and then certain guys get outright verbally aggressive/dismissive with women after they're turned down and basically unmask all the previous nice things that were said as total bs.

reply share thread