Arnold Convert Materials

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

Old 1 Week Ago   #1
Arnold Convert Materials

Hi I have found an error (and a workaround), but I would like if someone can corroborate it:

(On C4D materials with transparency map) Using Materials> "Replace the Selected C4D Material with an Arnold Material" and then "Replace Deprecated Shaders with new shaders" gives me an error and I have to manually select the Standard Surface node and change from material > "plastic" into "metal" or "skin", and then change it back. Another workaround I found is to uncheck transparency on all C4D materials before converting them to Arnold.

Finally, I have an Intel Xeon ES-2650 (48 CPUs) and a Quadro M4000. Doing some tests, Arnold is as fast as Octane / Redshift. Is that correct or am I doing something wrong? (im not complaining, just wondering)

edited for clarification.

Last edited by luisRiera : 1 Week Ago at 07:02 PM.

Old 1 Week Ago   #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisRiera
Hi I have found an error (and a workaround), but I would like if someone can corroborate it:

(On C4D materials with transparency map) Using Materials> "Replace the Selected C4D Material with an Arnold Material" and then "Replace Deprecated Shaders with new shaders" gives me an error and I have to manually select the Standard Surface node and change from material > "plastic" into "metal" or "skin", and then change it back. Another workaround I found is to uncheck transparency on all C4D materials before converting them to Arnold.

Finally, I have an Intel Xeon ES-2650 (48 CPUs) and a Quadro M4000. Doing some tests, Arnold is as fast as Octane / Redshift. Is that correct or am I doing something wrong? (im not complaining, just wondering)

edited for clarification.

My reply is no probably helpful but the "Replace the Selected C4D Material with an Arnold Material" command is not really reliable even before Arnold 5 core. As such, I just start things from scratch.

If you are looking for some Arnold materials, you might want to look at this: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...?f=47&t=1451759

reply share thread