Help with buying new IPS monitor for Texturing work

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

12 December 2017
Help with buying new IPS monitor for Texturing work

Hi,
Please help me buying a new IPS monitor for Texturing work. I have a limited budget of under 15000 Indian rupees. What monitor do you guys use for Texturing Work? Thank you.

12 December 2017
I don't know about your conversion rates, but this is just about the best monitor you can buy for texturing and graphics for under $1,000 US right now.

https://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-VP.../dp/B0731LYY9P/

"Like stone we battle the wind... Beat down and strangle the rains..."

12 December 2017
Originally Posted by InfernalDarkness: I don't know about your conversion rates, but this is just about the best monitor you can buy for texturing and graphics for under $1,000 US right now.

https://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-VP.../dp/B0731LYY9P/

Thank you for replying, this monitor is extremely out of my budget

12 December 2017
DellP2414H would be a good choice orP2417H for a little less.

12 December 2017
Originally Posted by imashination: DellP2414H would be a good choice orP2417H for a little less.
Only 96% sRGB! Are you sure you can't find something with at least 99%sRGB for the same price?

Last edited by SD3D : 12 December 2017 at 07:56 PM.

01 January 2018
Originally Posted by SD3D: Only 96% sRGB! Are you sure you can't find something with at least 99%sRGB for the same price?
I think with my budget i can only buy this one- DellSE2416H. Specification here -https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/999c751
What percent is theRGB for this one, will this work for texturing.

01 January 2018
Originally Posted by imashination: DellP2414H would be a good choice orP2417H for a little less.
It's out of my budget unfortunately Should i wait and increase my budget or this DellSE2416H -https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/999c751 will work?

01 January 2018
Sorry, cant help, theres very little info on the net about that model.

01 January 2018
Will check youtube later about that model.

01 January 2018
Bought Dell SE2416H, excellent budget monitor Thank you guys for your inputs !! Bought for 150$ or 9500 Indian rupees.

01 January 2018
If you can find a used HP ZR30w, try to get that. I got one and its great. Retail price 5 years ago 1300 dollars, i got mine for 300 dollars which is close to your budget. It is 30 inches, 2560x1600 resolution, IPS, and a real 10 bit panel through displayport and a quadro or firepro, from GTX it is 8 bit. It is probably one of the best quality monitors if you can get it cheap. All new monitors at 300-800 dollars, are not as good of an image quality as this (in my view) and the new HP models that replace this are also over 1000 dollars a piece.

01 January 2018
Current GeForce cards support 10 and 12 bit output.

01 January 2018
Originally Posted by ComputinDino: If you can find a used HP ZR30w, try to get that. I got one and its great. Retail price 5 years ago 1300 dollars, i got mine for 300 dollars which is close to your budget. It is 30 inches, 2560x1600 resolution, IPS, and a real 10 bit panel through displayport and a quadro or firepro, from GTX it is 8 bit. It is probably one of the best quality monitors if you can get it cheap. All new monitors at 300-800 dollars, are not as good of an image quality as this (in my view) and the new HP models that replace this are also over 1000 dollars a piece.
Thank you, HP ZR30w is way out of my budget, next year i will buy better monitors when upgrading my PC. As of now i have AcerS231HL as secondary monitor and the new Dell SE2416H as primary.

01 January 2018
Originally Posted by imashination: Current GeForce cards support 10 and 12 bit output.
Where can i check in windows 10, current bit mode?

01 January 2018
Your monitor doesn't support 10 or 12 bit ;-)

reply share thread