Aux effector prevent sliding feet

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2013
Aux effector prevent sliding feet

I'm currently editing mocap data and I'm trying to prevent sliding feet by adding an aux effector. Problem is that when the character is moving away from the effector the effector is still in the original position, which causes the legs to stretch and bascially ruin the whole animation.

How do I solve this? Do I have to add a new aux effector for every position or can I somehow make the effector follow the character?

I would really appreicate your help.

Best regards,

Joar

09 September 2013
I kinda think we need to see some pictures and more information on your set up. I assume you baked the animation to the control rig?

09 September 2013
Set key frame for both reach and position of your Aux for each step and you can not make another Aux for another step. because you can control foot just by two controller (one of them is the control rig and another could be one of your Aux you have created) at the same time and reach value just like a weighting factor between these two controls.

Another option is to use Story mode and it's like this:

-Create a clip from your character and drop that into a character animation layer in story pane.
-Make sure your story mode is active.
-Create a additive layer on that and select what part of your skeleton will take changes.
-in each step select proper controller for the foot and create key at right time and for avoid foot slide copy your key and paste in the end of that step.
-One suggestion for keep everything clean and manageable : make one additive layer for each foot
-When you are happy with the result plot it on the control rig.

09 September 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread