New monitor... Wide or Standard Gamut?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2012
For the Dell U2713? I don't think its even on sale in the US yet.

Now, im also looking at the NEC PA241W (24" version, wide gamut)... Any thoughts on 24 vs 27? I mean, im generally of the notion that bigger is often better. It's considerably cheaper than the PA271W.

08 August 2012
I haven't been in the market for a new monitor so I don't know what's what right now but that NEC is well-respected from the little I've read. I would personally only buy a 27" now, for the added resolution and size but that's me. I'm happy with my two 24" screens tho.

08 August 2012
For me 24" is enough (although I also have a second 20" next to it). I've worked with 27" and 30" monitors frequently when freelancing and I personally would not pay the premium to have one at home. It's a matter of taste though, so YMMV.

09 September 2012
This new Asus PB278Q looks really enticing as well....
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_ar...htm#asus_pb278q

Some early user reports on the U2713 show some issues... Hopefully it's an isolated case, I really like the prospect of this display.
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sh...18430233&page=3

09 September 2012
I just don't trust the name Asus for monitors. They aren't a professionally-minded company so I'd be more comfortable with the NEC or Dell.

09 September 2012
Originally Posted by cgbeige: I just don't trust the name Asus for monitors. They aren't a professionally-minded company so I'd be more comfortable with the NEC or Dell.

i'm curious to know why, was it something you experienced or have seen? I've had a consumer ASUS VH236H for a while now and its' actually been pretty decent. I at first was a bit reluctant to purchase it, but have been surprised.

09 September 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread