Zbrush Rock Monster

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

08 August 2014
Zbrush Rock Monster

So this is my first zbrush model which I finished a while back and I intend to put it in a showreel but I feel that it could be better. Anyone got any ideas to make it look more professional quality to present to a VFX studio.

The idea behind the creature was to have a massive gorilla like creature who's arms and legs are coverd in stone/rocks.

08 August 2014
I reckon you should google 'rock monster' and click on images, there are hundreds of them. Pick out a few you like and compare your own version to these. If I had to make a character like this I would want to have real rocks in there. Also your lighting in the images is very low which makes judging the character difficult.

Cheers

08 August 2014
Thanks for the feedback. I was starting to think that not was really interested. Is there a rock brush I could download which can help create the rock texture easily or is it better to use the brushes inside Zbrush. Also when I render it out is it better to render it out in zbrush or should I take it to maya and render it out there. I'm hoping to add it to a student showreel once its good enough.

Thanks again

08 August 2014
There are lots of tutorials on sculpting rocks in zbrush, I would use one of those. I would also render the finished model in Maya too.

Cheers

reply share thread