Dynamic rope

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2013   #1
Dynamic rope

Hi,

I want to create a dynamic rope, let's say, for example, to animate a wrecking ball. The rope must therefore be attached to an animated object at the top and to a dynamic object at the bottom. I found some threads here and there are IMHO 2 following possibilities, see attachment.

In "Hairspline" there are 2 problems. I can not directly attach the bottom of the spline to an object with dynamicstag because it then loses his grip on the rope and falls down. Therefore one must first generate an auxiliary object which is connected with the last splinepoint via xpresso. This makes the object not colliding with obstacles anymore. On this object you can then attach another dynamics object with connectors but as you see it will look a little funny.
Second problem, influencing the dynamic behavior of the rope is very limited with the spline dynamics tag. The spline retains its shape, I can not make it to a totally stretchy bungee cord.

The "Softspline" variante is already promising, a number of balls at the mographkloner that react in Softbody mode "clones", I can create a spline with the tracer. The behaviour of the rope can be modified via soft body settings. But how can I manage to bind the first clone at the top to the ball, moving with it and react furthermore as dynamic in the softbody chain and on the other hand bind for example the platonic to the last clone and the platonic already behaves at dynamic wrecking ball if it hits something?

A Softbodyspline is unfortunately no solution because it doesn't work properly with connectors.

CU

Ansgar
Attached Files
File Type: zip seil.zip (51.9 KB, 7 views)

Old 03 March 2013   #2
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread