more recent work...

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2009
more recent work...

Hi, I've just finished a (UK) public information TV commercial, targeted mainly at school run mums, aiming to get people to switch off their cars when parked. The basic theme is that the parked cars exhaust pipe comes alive and 'attacks' passers by with its fumes... Not a big budget so quite a quick job.

Modelled in modo, animated/rendered in EIAS, comped in aftereffects. A lot of credit to NorthernLights and Konkeptoine plugins and shaders - Cablecraft was used to create an animated spline curve then Contortionist was used to deform the exhaust model along it. Encage subD'ed the model. All the smoke is Dante, emitting spheres with the AG_MONDO_cloud shader on.

A big thanks to AVTPro for his rigging tut's. In the end I did things differently but I wouldn't have got up to speed in the time without him.

enjoy

small (4Mb)
http://tinyurl.com/ybd5by8

large (17Mb)
http://tinyurl.com/yeh5jh9

Cheers
Dave

12 December 2009
Smile

well done!

12 December 2009
Great job, Dave. I love it !
What EIAS version did you use with Dante ?

12 December 2009
Love it...but It scared me.

Great job.

The cinematography was excellent as well. Would you happen to know what camera it was shot with and the format?

keep up the great work.

12 December 2009
Superb! Please post it to the EI Gallery for it will inspire everyone. Thanks for sharing Dave.

12 December 2009
Very nice job, Dave! As Richard said; post it in the EI Gallery.

FelixCat

12 December 2009
Ola Dave,

Ola,

WONDERFULLLLLLL!!

Thanks

Tom

12 December 2009
Felix...
I just adore your new avatar.
We still recognize you, it must be that glint in your eye...
Or the mustache...

12 December 2009
Thanks for the nice comments guys. I'll get it posted to the gallery as you suggest.

vrusch - EIAS V8, Dante_31.

AVTPro - I was really lucky that it was filmed on a RED camera at 4K 16x9 (4096x2304) 50fps. Triffic quality and it gave lots of scope for reframing, panning and speed changes in the shot as our output only needed to be SD (1024x576) 25fps. The film look and camera shake came from using saphire plugins in AE.

Cheers
Dave

12 December 2009
Oh Joy, it's wonderful to see the Red in action. I am looking for a moderately priced 35mm solution, but thought the Red is a great deal when you add the lenses it's is out of budget.

However, the footage is better than I thought and the slow mo rocks. The grading is beautiful and it make your composites snap.

Wonderful Job and use of EI plug

12 December 2009
Originally Posted by gyro: Thanks for the nice comments guys. I'll get it posted to the gallery as you suggest.

vrusch - EIAS V8, Dante_31.

AVTPro - I was really lucky that it was filmed on a RED camera at 4K 16x9 (4096x2304) 50fps. Triffic quality and it gave lots of scope for reframing, panning and speed changes in the shot as our output only needed to be SD (1024x576) 25fps. The film look and camera shake came from using saphire plugins in AE.

Cheers
Dave

HI Dave terrific work.
How did you render from EIAS, did you set a timeline of 25 fps even thought you had a 50fps footage, and how about the render from EIAS did you set it up to 50fps as well.
Thanks
Edgard

12 December 2009
Very nice work. The school my daughter goes to has a 'No Idling' policy. They could benefit from showing something like this as well at a PTA night.

12 December 2009
That RED cameras are very interesting, i had followed their evolution from almost the begining. The price vs. power ratio is very convenient too. And are beautiful things
The EPIC specs are very promising...
FelixCat

Hi Richard. Thanks. I think are the eyes... I had been toying with my face a little; The kind of Photoshop+EiAS plastic surgery. If you have some time I uploaded some new things.

http://www.metanet.cl/felix.html

12 December 2009
Edris - All the EIAS projects were at 25fps. The origional 50fps red footage was only an advantage to do a half speed slo-mo on some of the shots. Otherwise we dropped the 'extra' frames.

Cheers
Dave

12 December 2009
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread