LC#47 Quixel Megachallenge !

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #46
there is a new megascan tutorial for renderman... im sure this will work with every render engine...
https://community.renderman.pixar.c...ascans.html?l=t

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #47
does the scene comes with textures.?
if it does, can someone share the link please.?

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #48
Originally Posted by gourish317: does the scene comes with textures.?
if it does, can someone share the link please.?

Hi gourish317,

If you are looking for links to the assets and textures for this challenge, you can find them in the very first post. The assets/textures have been divided into multiple files and made available across multiple file sharing hosts.

HTH,

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #49
Originally Posted by hgagne: Hi gourish317,

If you are looking for links to the assets and textures for this challenge, you can find them in the very first post. The assets/textures have been divided into multiple files and made available across multiple file sharing hosts.

HTH,

If I m not wrong there is no texture provided for this challenge people are using their own texture.*

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #50
Originally Posted by bishtmahesh1: If I m not wrong there is no texture provided for this challenge people are using their own texture.*

There are "some" textures included from what I see; it's likely that additional textures will need to be obtained from other online sources.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #51
Yeap Hgagne is right. The assets include the textures, The scene include partially the texture.*

Old 1 Week Ago   #52
with maya & redshift*

Last edited by noroTo : 1 Week Ago at 05:16 AM. Reason: img edit

Old 4 Days Ago   #53
Hi guys,

I'm new here. I downloaded the mb file but when I try to import the exportedScene.mb in maya 2015 I nearly have anything in the scene, it's saying that I have data loss and my outliner is a nightmare... Should I open/import it in another maya version? For the fbx it's even worse, the scene is completely empty.

Could anyone help please?

Last question: I haven't seen any end date for the challenge. Is there one?

Thanks a lot

Old 4 Days Ago   #54
Originally Posted by Ellyanna: Hi guys,
I'm new here. I downloaded the mb file but when I try to import the exportedScene.mb in maya 2015 I nearly have anything in the scene, it's saying that I have data loss and my outliner is a nightmare... Should I open/import it in another maya version? For the fbx it's even worse, the scene is completely empty.
Thanks a lot

Hi Ellyanna,
The scene was exporter from maya 2017, maybe it's why you have the problem ? Same maybe for your FBX version ?
Could you show a screen of what your outliner look like, so I could check if it have been destroyed by some import/export errors ?

For those not having the time to relink map to the forest scene, why not just play with the Quixel models ? They are the main purpose of the challenge, I personnaly love playing with the rocks and here is a basic example :

Old 1 Day Ago   #55
im starting to rebuild my Vray scene in Arnold now...

Old 1 Day Ago   #56
are there any rules how to convert a vray light intesity to Arnold.?   should i adjust the intensity only or also use exposure.? i need really high numbers to get the same light amount...

Old 10 Hours Ago   #57
Originally Posted by oglu: are there any rules how to convert a vray light intesity to Arnold.?   should i adjust the intensity only or also use exposure.? i need really high numbers to get the same light amount...

Normally you should keep the intensity to 1 and tweak the exposure. If your light is still too bright then exposure at 0 and lower the intensity
I can't really say anything about the conversion between the 2 render engines, it's been too long I haven't used Vray, sorry.

FeD, thank you very much for your answer and I apologize to answer so late. Here are screen shots of my outliner/viewport and my script editor if it can help. Thanks again for your help. I think I'm gonna do like you and create my own scene anyway, will be fun and I hope fast

reply share thread