boujou - tracking sea from boat

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2013   #1
Question boujou - tracking sea from boat

which is the best (free move or nodal) for tracking this link?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r4yt3ix7r...6-50%281%29.mp4
other advice?
i'll use 3dsmax camera
is very urgent :(
thanks

Old 12 December 2013   #2
Originally Posted by barrubba: which is the best (free move or nodal) for tracking this link?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r4yt3ix7r...6-50%281%29.mp4
other advice?
i'll use 3dsmax camera
is very urgent :(
thanks

no help?
thanks

Old 12 December 2013   #3
There's no video at the link. Help us to help you.

Old 12 December 2013   #4
Originally Posted by Midgardsormr: There's no video at the link. Help us to help you.

sorry sorry )
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1snbaozhv...0_34.160%29.avi
using locators or target track, can help me?

Old 12 December 2013   #5
That's a tough shot. The foreground has nothing useful, and the ship in the distance is so far off that it's not offering much in the way of parallax for a 3d track. I don't think there's any hope for an automatic solve on this one, but you might be able to create a more usable tracking plate by creating some tracking markers and doing some semi-manual animation of them to get something that Boujou is able to track.

I think I would start by doing a 2d stabilize to get rid of the rocking and rotation, then maybe try a few planar tracks, or possibly point tracks with frequent pattern evaluation—probably every frame—and a large pattern sample. Then I'd attach some new objects to the x-axis motion of those trackers (because you don't want the y-axis motion from the waves, just the lateral motion of the camera). Then I would reverse the stabilize and render it out as a new clip for tracking. Theoretically, that should create some points in the fore- and mid-ground that can be used to solve the camera.

I've never used Boujou, so I don't know if it has tools that could simplify a track like this or not, but I'm fairly sure that PFTrack and the Foundry's CameraTracker would both have a very hard time with it. And I have no idea if the process I described above will work, or if it's complete lunacy, but maybe it's a place to start.

Old 12 December 2013   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread