How can I apply MoCap files to a rigged character for Unity

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

05 May 2018
How can I apply MoCap files to a rigged character for Unity

Hi there,

Firstly, I want to mention that I am very new at Maya. I've modelled a low-poly character for a Unity project and rigged it. I've done skin painting/weighting. However, I have no idea about how to apply BVH or FBX animation files to my rigged character in order to use it in Unity. I've been looking for any tutorial or helpful guide for all day but couldn't find any of them yet. I've tried some of the techniques like importing the model and adjusting the source but there were so many problems that I couldn't resolve yet. If it is possible, can you explain me that how can I apply animation files to my model and make it run at Unity? What would be the most proper way to achieve this task? It could be very helpful for me.

Thanks for your helps.

Regards.

4 Weeks Ago
If you can get your mocap into maya you need to use humanIK to define the bones on the mocap skeleton.

This will then allow Maya to do a retarget to a new rig with controllers. You can then bake out the keyframes onto the new target rigs control items and then export that fbx out to unity to get the animation clip into unity.

reply share thread