Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 04-19-2013, 07:21 PM   #16
ocman
portfolio
Octavio Mancilla
VFX Artist
Mexico City, Mexico

In spite this being a rather old thread, I thought I'd give my input since this problem just happened to me today.

I got this "Can't rename .tmp to final, Permission denied" today while trying to use the flipbook render and the write node.

My proyect included hd tifs both in sequence and stills and a quicktime mov, working in Windows 7, Nuke 6.3v4

This I tried:
- Delete Nuke cache - no solution
- Close and open Nuke - no solution
- Turn off and on the computer - no solution
- Move the whole proyect to a local drive (against keep working on the server) - no solution
- Open the proyect in another computer - no solution
- Delete the "appdata/local/temp/nuke" files - no solution
- Then a colleague suggested to convert the mov to a tif sequence - THERE IT IS!!

So, just wanted to post this in case someone else has a similar situation, I hope this helps!

Old 04-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #17
pingking
Expert
portfolio
michael vorberg
digital compositor
freelance
stuttgart, Germany

if your QT mov file was also on the network/server then probaly somebody else had this file open so windows wasnt able to overwrite this file.

Old 07-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #18
miguelarepa
portfolio
Miguel Guerrero
VE

Hi everyone, i had the same issue because two machines where rendering in the network with the same name for the clip to export. I simpli change the name of the render in one of the machines and the error dissappear. Hope this help

Old 11-15-2013, 08:03 PM   #19
joie
Lexus-friendly

portfolio
JOSE MIGUEL ARAGUES
3D Animatior and TD at www.vortice3d.com
Zaragoza, Spain

In my case, I was having my viewer connected to the writer node, so it was causing some kind of loop operation. It seems you can't view your writer output since it has to replace it with the render O_o

So the solution is quite obvious..., just pipe the viewer to the last node before the writer one and everything works again.

"Donīt trust on affemeral things, only love will last..."

Visit my BLOG: 3djoie.blogspot.com

Old 02-01-2014, 05:28 PM   #20
kupun
portfolio

Hi !
I have a problem which looks like yours. When I put a Write node, I just can't choose any codec for a .mov. there is no option, when I change back to something else (example : dpx ou tiff), the application close.
when I write it as a .mov, it say the same lines as you can read at the beginning of this thread :
Quote:
message content:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "C:/Program Files/Nuke6.2v1/plugins\nukescripts\renderpanel.py", line 8, in render_panel
return nukescripts.showRenderDialog(_list, exceptOnError)
File "C:/Program Files/Nuke6.2v1/plugins\nukescripts\renderdialog.py", line 623, in showRenderDialog
d.run()
File "C:/Program Files/Nuke6.2v1/plugins\nukescripts\renderdialog.py", line 231, in run
nuke.executeMultiple(self._nodeSelection, frame_ranges, views, continueOnError = self._continueOnError.value())
RuntimeError: Write1: Can't rename .tmp to final, Permission denied

I deleted the temp file for nuke, I changed the output file, I disable UAC, but I still have the problem. Does someone else found another solution ?

Old 02-01-2014, 05:28 PM   #21
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread