portfolio
Adam Kuczek
concept artist and matte painter
freelance
Shanghai, CN

Send a message via MSN to adamkuczek
Submitted image doesn't show in portfolio but created double post on forum

Hi,

Tried today to upload image as a new project twice, it says everything's fine, yet it doesn't show up in the portfolio. At the same time, it created automatically double post on the forum. Can someone please delete the second post, so I don't look like a spammer, and have the image appear properly in my portfolio as it should?

And please, make an appearance on the forum an OPTION when creating a new project. Why every image I want to add has to be thrown in front of everyone as a default? Sometimes I just want to add new stuff to refresh the portfolio, not necessarily to scream for everyone's feedback.

Thanks.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #2
Teyon
The Silo Man

portfolio
Teyon Alexander
Content Artist
Smith Micro Software, Inc.
New%2BYork, United%2BStates

I agree. I'd also like it if we could edit the image's category ourselves instead of bothering the mods with this. Apparently I hit 2D when I meant to hit 3D with a creature I made the other day and now I can't delete the thing and I can't edit the location. Annoying to say the least. I also posted a concept design I did today that I wanted to go in my portfolio, not the main gallery and it's both frustrating and annoying that it's in there. I'm proud of the work, certainly, but it isn't something I'd post to the main gallery if I had the choice. It's a show of skill, nothing more, that I wanted in my portfolio - which it doesn't even show up in. Not cool.

Old 01-01-2014, 06:05 PM   #3
SteveOlliffe

portfolio
Steven Olliffe
Freelance 3D Artist
Goofypixel
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom

Portfolio not working correctly!

Same thing happening to me using Chrome and IE.

I log in, use the dropdown by my ID on the red banner at top of the page to access 'my portfolio'. My portfolio is loaded with my avatar and details, below is Projects underlined in green and then thumbnails of projects already in my portfolio.
Between my avatar and portfolio views information is a '+ new project' button, I click this, upload the image, fill out the relevant data fields and create the new project and all is fine.
I then click on portfolio again to see my new project in the thumbnails but it is not there, no sign of it! However if I go to the forums>showcase gallery>latest work 3D I see that a thread has been created with all the information I entered as a 'project'

So what is happening here?
Why are newly created projects becoming newly created threads instead?
I don't necessarily want to start a thread about all the pieces of work I enter into my portfolio. If this is not possible at least create the project as a project for my portfolio as well as a thread, after all if I click '+ new project' I would ideally like it to become a project even if it has to be a thread too.

In addition to this apparent bug in the new design, when accessing my portfolio and viewing the current projects, uploaded before the design change, I am given buttons to 'make private' 'delete project' and 'discuss on cg talk' all of these buttons will take me through a motion but not actually complete the task - another pretty big bug.

These features need fixing asap please.

Old 01-02-2014, 04:30 AM   #4
Keenly
Administrator

CGSociety Staff
portfolio
Rhys Jenkin
Website Admin & Development
CGSociety
Adelaide,

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkuczek
Tried today to upload image as a new project twice, it says everything's fine, yet it doesn't show up in the portfolio. At the same time, it created automatically double post on the forum. Can someone please delete the second post, so I don't look like a spammer, and have the image appear properly in my portfolio as it should?
I have fixed the issue with new projects not showing in your portfolio. you will now be able to add and remove projects without any delay.

Old 01-02-2014, 04:43 AM   #5
Keenly
Administrator

CGSociety Staff
portfolio
Rhys Jenkin
CGSociety
Adelaide,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teyon
I agree. I'd also like it if we could edit the image's category ourselves instead of bothering the mods with this. Apparently I hit 2D when I meant to hit 3D with a creature I made the other day and now I can't delete the thing and I can't edit the location. Annoying to say the least. .
I didn't add the option to switch between 2D & 3D because it's not something that should only come up if you hit the wrong button when creating the project, I wanted to keep editing as simple as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teyon
I also posted a concept design I did today that I wanted to go in my portfolio, not the main gallery and it's both frustrating and annoying that it's in there. I'm proud of the work, certainly, but it isn't something I'd post to the main gallery if I had the choice. It's a show of skill, nothing more, that I wanted in my portfolio - which it doesn't even show up in. Not cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkuczek
And please, make an appearance on the forum an OPTION when creating a new project. Why every image I want to add has to be thrown in front of everyone as a default? Sometimes I just want to add new stuff to refresh the portfolio, not necessarily to scream for everyone's feedback..
Okay. It sounds like adding an option to turn discussion on/off is needed. I'll add this to the feature our development list.

Old 01-02-2014, 04:47 AM   #6
Keenly
Administrator

CGSociety Staff
portfolio
Rhys Jenkin
CGSociety
Adelaide,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveOlliffe
In addition to this apparent bug in the new design, when accessing my portfolio and viewing the current projects, uploaded before the design change, I am given buttons to 'make private' 'delete project' and 'discuss on cg talk' all of these buttons will take me through a motion but not actually complete the task - another pretty big bug.
This will all relate to the one little bug, that i have fixed. it was a cache issue, when you deleted or added an project, it was talking 12 hours to show the change. :(

Old 01-02-2014, 04:47 AM   #7
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

share thread