pierechod
Frequenter

portfolio
james pierechod
United Kingdom

Pwrapper + Max 2014

Hi All

I am just finalising our transfer to Max 2014 (between projects :thumbsup

I am struggling to install Pwrapper with Max 2014, Im sure the plugin will work on 2014 however it auto installs onto the 2013 setup. I want to keep our 2013 install for the time being but would like to move all artists to using 2014 and the new mparticles.

I cant change the default version of max to install to when installing, has anyone else come across this?

cheers

Old 06-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #2
MikeUnderwood
Explorer
portfolio
Mike Underwood
3d Generalist
Pixomondo
USA

You could try copying the path of the 2013 install directory into your plugin.ini for max 2014. I don't think max cares where you install it, as long as you let it know the path. If you get errors after doing that, try manually copying all the pwrapper plugin files into the max 2014 folder too.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:16 AM   #3
jonadb
3D Artist

Jonathan de Blok
Netherlands

what I usually do is temporarily rename the max root folders so 2014 becomes 2013

Old 06-19-2013, 07:33 AM   #4
spacefrog
Frog of the posts

Josef Wienerroither
Freelance
Vienna, Austria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonadb
what I usually do is temporarily rename the max root folders so 2014 becomes 2013

What i usually do is rename the Max folder to something totally different ( eg "Max2013_" ), start the install and get all the individual files in that empty target folder then, which i zip and backup then for future availability without need for an installer. Some installers insist to have the "3dsmax.exe" in the target folder, wich i copy over in that case. At least for PU's i do that regurarily, because the started to take an eternity to install. Far easier to simply extract the Zip content to the Max folder then ( some .ini files i remove from that zip )

PowerPreview: High Quality Nitrous Previews for 3ds Max 2012|2013|2014

[ Free Download (ScriptSpot) ]

Home of The Frogs | Online Portfolio

Old 06-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #5
pierechod
Frequenter

portfolio
james pierechod
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacefrog
What i usually do is rename the Max folder to something totally different ( eg "Max2013_" ), start the install and get all the individual files in that empty target folder then, which i zip and backup then for future availability without need for an installer. Some installers insist to have the "3dsmax.exe" in the target folder, wich i copy over in that case. At least for PU's i do that regurarily, because the started to take an eternity to install. Far easier to simply extract the Zip content to the Max folder then ( some .ini files i remove from that zip )

Cheers guys, I tried spacefrog route first with no success, but I will try a mixture of both routes now;

Rename (2014 to 2013) + (change 2013 to 2013_)

Will report back.

cheers

Old 06-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #6
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread