Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 01-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
dcanimator
portfolio
Dan Carlin
Las Vegas, USA

IKFK Switch with stretch - 3ds Max

Hey guys, I'm running into a bit of an issue making a IK/FK switch that blends between bone systems with stretch.

I basically have my FK bone chain, IK bone chain, blend bones, and my control object with the IKFK switch attribute. I'm trying to get the blend bones to stretch accordingly depending on which system they're being driven by. I tried doing this by applying an if statement to the x value of the blend bone that tells it to match the x value of the IK bone when the slider is set to IK and vice versa. And it works for the most part.

The problem I'm having is that all the in-between values on the IKFK slider don't blend like they're supposed to (for example: when the slider is set to 0, I should be getting a 50% influence from both bone systems).

Do you guys know how I can rewrite the if statement so the IK and FK values blend? Or is there maybe a better way to do it that doesn't need an if statement?

This is the if statement (I don't know much about scripting, so I probably butchered it):

Code:
if (IKFK==-1) then ( XvarIK ) else if (IKFK==1) ( XvarFK )

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread